2025 Lucid Air Reliability

One thing I should mention also is that while Lucid may be selling more cars now, their service throughput isn't scaling with the amount of cars being sold. As far as I know, there's only one service center in LA, which is the one in Beverly Hills. It has like 5 racks and that's it. So repair times that might take a Ford or Chevy dealer a day to knock out can easily turn into 2 weeks at the service center. My Lucid has been out of commission since November 7 and still don't have an ETA on when it'll get repaired since they have so many cars going through the same place.
 
We have a 2023 Air Pure AWD, 19" tires with just under 27,000 miles. I agree the car is a dream to drive & is so comfortable yet we have all the software issues we all have. Today some new issues developed. We started with an 80% charge or 318 miles, We drove 149.5 miles & had 24% remaining charge & averaged 3.13 mi/kWh. When charged 100% the car shows 398 mile range so 24% remaining = 95.5 miles plus the miles traveled of 149.5 = a real range of 245 miles not 398. We drove @ 65 mph & only used the heated seats. 398 miles less 245 actual = a loss of 153 miles or 38.4%. Yes we were in the 40 degree temperature range but that is a far worse hit than is usually mentioned here. We have always come up very short of the vehicle's indicated range but this is excessive.

While on the trip today I was using "Hands Free" when a whole bunch of things happened at once. The driver's screen went black briefly, the cautions lights started flashing, the car slowed & sped up several times & lost power completely twice. After several attempts we were finally able to shut off the caution lights however we were never able to activate the "Hands Free" or "Driver Assist" or cruise control the rest of the trip. We were in the middle lane of a three lane highway with a good amount of traffic around us so quite dangerous. If the driver software does not work tomorrow I'll try a reset.
I don't get it to this extent but the dreamdrive is very unreliable. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, but there isn't really a rhyme or reason why.
 
Air Touring 2025 since May 2025

Only issue is CarPlay hanging which normally resolves after a while. Already did 16'000km and it's by far the best car I have ever owned.
 
One thing I should mention also is that while Lucid may be selling more cars now, their service throughput isn't scaling with the amount of cars being sold. As far as I know, there's only one service center in LA, which is the one in Beverly Hills. It has like 5 racks and that's it. So repair times that might take a Ford or Chevy dealer a day to knock out can easily turn into 2 weeks at the service center. My Lucid has been out of commission since November 7 and still don't have an ETA on when it'll get repaired since they have so many cars going through the same place.
Yup that’s my situation. Their parts suppliers are bad too, they’ve been getting damaged or defective parts. My service advisor said 2/3 of the HVAC controls they ordered had visible defects on them and werent usable. Then they got my new roof in (they broke my first glass roof), and the seal was warped and it wasn’t usable. Seems like the factory QA is really broken, as we see evidence of. Now I’m looking at another couple weeks.
 
One thing I should mention also is that while Lucid may be selling more cars now, their service throughput isn't scaling with the amount of cars being sold. As far as I know, there's only one service center in LA, which is the one in Beverly Hills. It has like 5 racks and that's it. So repair times that might take a Ford or Chevy dealer a day to knock out can easily turn into 2 weeks at the service center. My Lucid has been out of commission since November 7 and still don't have an ETA on when it'll get repaired since they have so many cars going through the same place.
There are three in/by LA:
9022 Wilshire Blvd
Beverly Hills CA 90211

22707 Hawthorne Blvd
Torrance CA 90505

3050 Pullman Street
Costa Mesa CA 92626

Also, they’re adding centers. They just opened up San Jose here in the Bay Area, despite Millbrae being 45 min away, because Millbrae was overloaded (though great staff). The SJ service center is at least 5x bigger if not more; it might be the largest in the country?

So they’re looking; it’s just a matter of time and buildouts.
 
There are three in/by LA:
9022 Wilshire Blvd
Beverly Hills CA 90211

22707 Hawthorne Blvd
Torrance CA 90505

3050 Pullman Street
Costa Mesa CA 92626

Also, they’re adding centers. They just opened up San Jose here in the Bay Area, despite Millbrae being 45 min away, because Millbrae was overloaded (though great staff). The SJ service center is at least 5x bigger if not more; it might be the largest in the country?

So they’re looking; it’s just a matter of time and buildouts.
Costa Mesa is definitely not LA. Approximately 50 miles away.

I'm aware of Torrance which is the south bay but it's approximately 15-20 miles from central LA.

Totally understand they're building it, just stating the fact that as of today, there is reasonably only one service center in the area north of LAX that's handling way too many vehicles.
 
Costa Mesa is definitely not LA. Approximately 50 miles away.

I'm aware of Torrance which is the south bay but it's approximately 15-20 miles from central LA.

Totally understand they're building it, just stating the fact that as of today, there is reasonably only one service center in the area north of LAX that's handling way too many vehicles.
Right, I forgot you SoCal peeps think Long Beach isn’t LA. :p

Los Gatos and Berkeley are 54 mi apart. Both are still in the Bay Area :p

I hear what you’re saying; my point was just that you’re not in a desert of service centers either, but yeah, it’s also entirely possible they need another. Lots of people in “LA” :p
 
Yeah I have the new chip in mine, I had the install service. It's a nice upgrade.

But the issues I've been running into have been more severe. Right now, the car is in the shop to change the battery pack. Two months ago, there was a sway bar bolt that was loose which made a very loud rattling sound on the front of the vehicle. Then before that, the shutters that open up to allow air to cool the battery wouldn't open. Each repair took 1-2 weeks to complete.

The software glitches actually aren't a big deal to me in comparison, it's the hardware/car functionality that's killing me at the moment on this 2023.
Wow. I had the same sway bar issue and a mobile tech fixed it in 20 minutes.
 
Wow. I had the same sway bar issue and a mobile tech fixed it in 20 minutes.
It’s not uncommon for cars to sit in service for days before getting worked on. Mine was there on a Thursday and they didn’t start any work until the next Monday.
 
It’s not uncommon for cars to sit in service for days before getting worked on. Mine was there on a Thursday and they didn’t start any work until the next Monday.
Gotcha. To be fair I had to drive it around with the clunking for a week prior to the appointment.
 
Right, I forgot you SoCal peeps think Long Beach isn’t LA. :p

Los Gatos and Berkeley are 54 mi apart. Both are still in the Bay Area :p

I hear what you’re saying; my point was just that you’re not in a desert of service centers either, but yeah, it’s also entirely possible they need another. Lots of people in “LA” :p
What's your definition of a desert is as it relates to service capacity? In my opinion, It really is one in LA. I can't speak to the Bay Area since I only visit there occasionally.

Distance here is amplified by pretty intense traffic. A place that's 30 miles away in Kansas takes less than 30 minutes to get to. Here it can easily be 1 - 1.5 hours through traffic. North of LAX, we have 3 locations to sell Lucids (Century City, Beverly Hills, and Pasadena) but only a very small garage in Beverly Hills to actually do the repair work.

It's a major consideration that I think even I didn't fully consider when I got my Lucid and I'm pointing that out now for other folks who live in LA. I drove Genesis for 9 years and their service was pretty quick, usually 1-2 days turnaround so this experience was definitely an eye opener for me. As of the time of this writing, my car has been out of service for 20 days to replace the battery pack.

1764258801912.webp
 
What's your definition of a desert is as it relates to service capacity? In my opinion, It really is one in LA. I can't speak to the Bay Area since I only visit there occasionally.

Distance here is amplified by pretty intense traffic. A place that's 30 miles away in Kansas takes less than 30 minutes to get to. Here it can easily be 1 - 1.5 hours through traffic. North of LAX, we have 3 locations to sell Lucids (Century City, Beverly Hills, and Pasadena) but only a very small garage in Beverly Hills to actually do the repair work.

It's a major consideration that I think even I didn't fully consider when I got my Lucid and I'm pointing that out now for other folks who live in LA. I drove Genesis for 9 years and their service was pretty quick, usually 1-2 days turnaround so this experience was definitely an eye opener for me. As of the time of this writing, my car has been out of service for 20 days to replace the battery pack.

View attachment 34653
All fair points, but my question remains: are the *other* nearby service centers similarly packed? I don’t know enough about BH to say, but I assume those that aren’t BH are less packed?

Regardless, Millbrae was the only one in the bay area for a while; I wouldn’t be surprised if another LA one is on the list to bail out BH.
 
All fair points, but my question remains: are the *other* nearby service centers similarly packed? I don’t know enough about BH to say, but I assume those that aren’t BH are less packed?

Regardless, Millbrae was the only one in the bay area for a while; I wouldn’t be surprised if another LA one is on the list to bail out BH.
I'll find out, I think next time (if there is one) I'll just use the Torrance location and report back. Costa Mesa is too darn far for anyone in LA to take it to.

Realistically, I'll probably request a refund through BBB Arbitration for a lemon and shoot for a 2025 or 2026 Lucid Air. This particular AGT I have has been in the shop way too long (over 30 days) and for way too many problems. I think I ended up getting unlucky with a bad build so hopefully the newer ones have these particular issues resolved.
 
I'll find out, I think next time (if there is one) I'll just use the Torrance location and report back. Costa Mesa is too darn far for anyone in LA to take it to.

Realistically, I'll probably request a refund through BBB Arbitration for a lemon and shoot for a 2025 or 2026 Lucid Air. This particular AGT I have has been in the shop way too long (over 30 days) and for way too many problems. I think I ended up getting unlucky with a bad build so hopefully the newer ones have these particular issues resolved.

I recently went thru BBB also, I got denied for the buyback. I had multiple issues/problems. With CA, lemon/buyback, it’s 18 months or 18,000 miles from date of delivery. There was 3+ multiple attempts on the issues I had, anything pass of 18 months, you’re pretty much out of luck, unless the issues are safety related. I even had a hearing with the arbitrator, 3 lucid rep, against myself. I have a 2023 Air Pure AWD. It was 20 months of ownership when I started the buyback. Best of luck.
 
I recently went thru BBB also, I got denied for the buyback. I had multiple issues/problems. With CA, lemon/buyback, it’s 18 months or 18,000 miles from date of delivery. There was 3+ multiple attempts on the issues I had, anything pass of 18 months, you’re pretty much out of luck, unless the issues are safety related. I even had a hearing with the arbitrator, 3 lucid rep, against myself. I have a 2023 Air Pure AWD. It was 20 months of ownership when I started the buyback. Best of luck.
Could you tell me what those problems were? Very curious how it compares to mine. Mine also has been out for more than 30 days which I understand ti be another trigger.
 
Could you tell me what those problems were? Very curious how it compares to mine. Mine also has been out for more than 30 days which I understand ti be another trigger.
Depends on State, most of them it’s 30 days within warranty period. I don’t want to lemon mine but it’s been in their shop for weeks.
 
There are three in/by LA:
9022 Wilshire Blvd
Beverly Hills CA 90211

22707 Hawthorne Blvd
Torrance CA 90505

3050 Pullman Street
Costa Mesa CA 92626

Also, they’re adding centers. They just opened up San Jose here in the Bay Area, despite Millbrae being 45 min away, because Millbrae was overloaded (though great staff). The SJ service center is at least 5x bigger if not more; it might be the largest in the country?

So they’re looking; it’s just a matter of time and buildouts.
Any word on when they'll open one in Delaware? Hell, I'd settle for an authorized repair center. There isn't one in the entire state.
 
What's your definition of a desert is as it relates to service capacity? In my opinion,

I'm in DFW, the 4th most populous metro area in the country, and the closest service center to me is 214 miles away. So I'd say if you've got 3 within 50-60 miles of you, you're not really in a service desert.

That's not to say that Lucid doesn't need even more service centers, including in in your area, but it's not as bad as other areas.
 
Hey all, I'm currently driving a 2023 Air GT. Coming up on my second year on the lease with 1 more remaining before trade in. While I absolutely love the driving experience, comfort, and quality of the car, I've had pretty bad luck on the reliability front. Basically every 3 months or so on average I'm taking this car into Lucid for various drive system fault issues. One time the car bricked after I stopped for dinner at In-n-Out, the other times just drive system warnings that necessitate some kind of repair where the car sits in the shop for 1-2 weeks since Lucid in Beverly Hills doesn't have a lot of capacity to service multiple vehicles at once. I've probably taken the car in around 5 times already and the average repair duration is 1 week.

Anyway, that being said, I can't think of another car I'd rather have than the Air, but I'd like to know if anyone has any experience with the 2025 or 2026 Lucid Airs? Curious as to whether or not they seem to be more reliable than the older models or if they're still running into the same issues.
I am driving a 2023 Air GT, leased new, 11,600 miles driven, presently at lease end, waiting for delivery of 2026 Gravity GT. Last month I got the "drive system failure banner", the car went to service 10-12-25 and returned 11-14-25. Seattle is the closest service center so that is where it went. I have had a few minor software issues; entry delay, soft close failures, dream drive failures, nav system confusion, etc. I love the car but it is not perfect. I wish customer care was easier to make contact with and could communicate in a more timely manner.
 
I'm in DFW, the 4th most populous metro area in the country, and the closest service center to me is 214 miles away. So I'd say if you've got 3 within 50-60 miles of you, you're not really in a service desert.

That's not to say that Lucid doesn't need even more service centers, including in in your area, but it's not as bad as other areas.

I am in DFW as well and we have the most concentration of Lucid vehicles in the state - by a lot. They had plans to open up a service center downtown and that fell through due to a building code related issue I heard. Since then it has been radio silence. In the meantime, the local mobile techs are absolutely the best. Having 3 centers within 50-60 miles radius will so crazy to imagine in DFW area!
 
Back
Top