2.4.4 HA issues

QuantumFire

Verified Owner
Reaction score
Cars
Air GT
Referral Code
U9XVNBTQ
Just finished a 1,000 mile round trip road trip and used HA through much of it. My conclusion is, don't use HA. CC will provide a much more relaxing and enjoyable drive.

While driving I kept my hands on the steering wheel at ALL times. I keep them at 4 and 8 o'clock because holding the wheel at 3 and 9 or 2 and 10 causes my shoulder to ache.

NAGGING: The worst part about HA is the incessant nagging to keep my hands on the wheel. It seemed like once every few minutes I’d hear “bong” and the false alert would display on the screen. I don’t know how they are testing for hands on the wheel before issuing the alert, but it had a false alarm rate of 100% for my entire 16 hour trip. It must have gone off hundreds of times. Absolutely terrible. If they are that serious about incessantly monitoring hands on wheel they should have put capacitive touch sensors in the wheel. Otherwise, display the message once and knock it off forever. The car did an excellent job of driving straight on a straight road so I didn’t need to provide any steering input, but that doesn’t mean my hands aren’t on the wheel.

CURVES: About half the curves it handled beautifully, nice and smooth. The other half were jerky as heck. I’d have to fight the wheel to keep the curve somewhat smooth. This is pretty tiring after a while. On the plus side, when fighting the jerking steering wheel it wouldn’t nag me to keep my hands on the wheel.

HA BUTTON: The button either does nothing, enables HA or disable HA, very occasionally it enables CC. Takes about a dozen tries to get it to enable CC, about half the time it doesn’t do anything. If you do get CC enabled, the long press to enable HA cancels CC half the time. This button input needs to more responsive and deterministic. It currently seems random and laggy.

Thankfully I don’t have another long drive scheduled for at least six months. Hopefully there will be improvements to HA before then because I will not use it again as is, CC is much much more relaxing and a smoother drive.

I was hoping that this latest release would have included a less demanding version of the torque sensor, but perhaps it did not. I agree that something like galvanic skin response sensors would have been the better way to go... at least from a user experience standpoint. I find it very hard to keep pressure on the wheel in one direction when I'm hoping the car goes in another, so I end up 'sort of' driving the car anyway.

Last edited:
Back