2.4.0 / 2.4.2 / 2.4.3 / 2.4.4 OTA

Zero issues, lane change assist worked after 4-5 miles of driving in the middle lane on the freeway.
App response time to connect to vehicle? < 5s ?

App response time to connect to vehicle? < 5s ?
When I tried it yesterday, it was < 10 secs (from sleeping). I just tried it now and it actually timed out after 60 secs, but worked immediately when I hit 'retry'...implying the car was fully awake by then, but the app was out of sync. Given that it's SMS-based for the wakeup, there might be consistency issues depending on the cell provider. I'll have to test more, and under a wider range of conditions. I happen to be sitting in my office which is in range of the garage, so the car has probably woken up and said, "ahh forget it, another false alarm" a couple of times this morning as I've gone in and out of the office. I was encouraged, however, that the very first test yesterday under cleaner circumstances appeared to work quickly.

When I tried it yesterday, it was < 10 secs (from sleeping). I just tried it now and it actually timed out after 60 secs, but worked immediately when I hit 'retry'...implying the car was fully awake by then, but the app was out of sync. Given that it's SMS-based for the wakeup, there might be consistency issues depending on the cell provider. I'll have to test more, and under a wider range of conditions. I happen to be sitting in my office which is in range of the garage, so the car has probably woken up and said, "ahh forget it, another false alarm" a couple of times this morning as I've gone in and out of the office. I was encouraged, however, that the very first test yesterday under cleaner circumstances appeared to work quickly.
I thought they were talking about the app more quickly and reliability unlocking the car as you walked up to it... Not the speed with which the app remotely wakes the car. I care about the former much more than the latter.

I didn't realize how much living in an area with abysmal AT&T reception would affect my experience with the app and car. The app takes forever to connect, and I can't even play music through the built-in music apps until I get a mile or two into my drive.

Very interesting to see how the car experience is somewhat based on the quality of AT&T signal. Verizon is very fast, but, alas, not possible to switch the car's antenna.

All that said, I love the car.

I didn't realize how much living in an area with abysmal AT&T reception would affect my experience with the app and car. The app takes forever to connect, and I can't even play music through the built-in music apps until I get a mile or two into my drive.

Very interesting to see how the car experience is somewhat based on the quality of AT&T signal. Verizon is very fast, but, alas, not possible to switch the car's antenna.

All that said, I love the car.
Def feeling this struggle as well...super frustrating to get in the car and have to keep toggling with the radio to get anything to play...this is prob one of the biggest issues for me since switching, there are times I drive to the gym or to drop my kid at daycare and nothing comes on from the audio.

That being said, knowing what issues that other EV mfg went through with cellular connectivity and having to upgrade hardware, and 5G was being deployed in 2019, and you look at the massive leap forward in bandwidth, idk why Lucid wouldn't future proof the cars...

But back to waiting for 2.4.4 to be deployed! 👀

It takes 2+ hrs to install
After seeing the dashboard showing 14% complete, I stopped monitoring it periodically and went to sleep. Woke up this morning, the Lucid Mobile shows car updated successfully running 2.4.4. I haven't got into the car and take a look.

I moved my car at work to make sure the AT&T signal was decent and that the car connected with the work wifi. Hope I get the update soon.

AT with DD pro here on 2.3.10
🤞🤞

2.4.4 installed uneventfully day before yesterday on 24 AGT. took a couple hours. Highway Assist is order of magnitude better, much improved and seems reliable. Lane change became active within a few miles on freeway and worked as advertised. So far only two issues discovered - Apple car play iMessages tend to freeze up when reading out loud. And, weirdly, turn signal clicker sound is gone, even when driving manually..

Got the notification for the update this morning (Monday) in Northern Cal (however, I did not drive yesterday). 2023 AT.

After half an hour it is only at 4% though :o (but from what others say, it should speed up later (I hope!))...

This morning I decided to test out wake speed from app. I’m in a poor AT&T area and the vehicle took about 10 seconds to wake. Now, in looking at Eero connection status, it appears the the vehicle is staying connected to WiFi. I’m not sure if this is part of speeding up app wake speed or a new bug and the vehicle is not sleeping and risking increased Vampire Drain.

Anyone with a Pure get the OTA for 2.4.2? I'm still seeing nothing.

It's really interesting that it appears they are not rolling this out to Pure models...I wonder why that would be

2.4.4 loaded this morning without a hitch. It required 90 minutes. I took my Air Touring out for a 30 mile test drive. I love the new Homelink access after backing out of the garage. So far everything continues working well.

Back