100 amp home charge station

schmidtsm2021@gm

Verified Owner
Cars
Air Pure
Hello everyone,
New Air Pure owner and I am loving it. Quick question, I have the 80 amp home charging station on a 100 amp breaker installed a couple weeks ago. I have a relatively small solar system 4.8KW that produces 3.9kw. When I charge the Pure, I can tell from the Enphase solar app they the car charger is pulling 17-19KW. I am wondering if there is a way via the car or Wi-Fi (to the charger) to dial down the amperage so it will only pull close to 3.9kw produced. I know it will be a trickle charger but is it possible without switching the pins inside the charger. I telawork and want to take advantage of our long sunny days in CoCal.

Thanks,
Shane

Not through the car or software, but if you pull off the faceplate of the EVSE you can trivially adjust the jumpers to your desired amperage.

Edit: sorry, reread your post and realized you wanted a non-jumper solution. My bad. No, can’t do that today.

Enphase's IQ charger series will do this automatically. It's what I'll be installing next week for my wife's car. Enphase's cloud watches what your PV system is producing, how much power your home is using, and charges the car with the difference. One limitation is that the charger's output is modulated in increments of 25% of the charger's maximum output, oddly. So if you have a smaller PV system you'd want to use a smaller charger. Unfortunately for a 3kW PV setup, you'd want to use a 3kW maximum charging station, not practical.

I will keep the Lucid charger I have on a 60-amp circuit for faster charging as needed.

Enphase's IQ charger series will do this automatically. It's what I'll be installing next week for my wife's car. Enphase's cloud watches what your PV system is producing, how much power your home is using, and charges the car with the difference. One limitation is that the charger's output is modulated in increments of 25% of the charger's maximum output, oddly. So if you have a smaller PV system you'd want to use a smaller charger. Unfortunately for a 3kW PV setup, you'd want to use a 3kW maximum charging station, not practical.

I will keep the Lucid charger I have on a 60-amp circuit for faster charging as needed.

The Wallbox Pulsar Plus can do this too, fwiw, with their EcoSmart mode: https://wallbox.com/en_us/solar-ev-charging

Much appreciated. How do I get this on Lucid Upgrade/Update List?

It helps to use the quote feature ("this") so we know to which response you are referring.

As an aside, I also appreciate folks putting in their general location (e.g., city) in their posts. Similar to how Borski states his location. Often location can impact on a particular concern (elevation, weather, high speed charger availability, etc.).

ChargePoint homeflex can also adjust the amps to charge. But another option for you is to just plug it in to a normal 120 volt outlet. It will be at about 1kw per hour to the car, but will be done via your solar.

IMG_0128.jpeg

Back