1.53 Mobile app out

Confirming 1.53.0 also available for Android.

Looks like they removed the reference to Alexa skill in settings.

Anyone with this and a pixel 9? I've noticed terrible key performance and am thinking I'm missing a powersave setting or something

Anyone with this and a pixel 9? I've noticed terrible key performance and am thinking I'm missing a powersave setting or something
It's more likely that it's just plain unreliable. Thread 'Unlocking with mobile key unreliable

It's more likely that it's just plain unreliable. Thread 'Unlocking with mobile key unreliable

Thats likely, thanks for the link ...I just don't remember it being this bad with the P8 but probably unrelated

With my Pixel 8a it needs the phone to be unlocked or at least awake to unlock the car. For some reason it's worse at home, when the car is connected to my wifi, butter anywhere else

With my Pixel 8a it needs the phone to be unlocked or at least awake to unlock the car. For some reason it's worse at home, when the car is connected to my wifi, butter anywhere else
My assumption (probably my hope) was that at home, the car would keep unlocking and waking up everytime I walked by it and so at some point, it goes into a deeper sleep which makes the phone unlock not as sensitive ... I wish we had the option of just leaving it unlocked at home so that in my garage it was just ready to hop into

My assumption (probably my hope) was that at home, the car would keep unlocking and waking up everytime I walked by it and so at some point, it goes into a deeper sleep which makes the phone unlock not as sensitive ... I wish we had the option of just leaving it unlocked at home so that in my garage it was just ready to hop into
You’re correct; if the car passively unlocks a number of times (10?) it will remain locked until you manually open it by pushing the handle, a key fob, or something.

You *can* turn off passive locking, fwiw - it just isn’t geofenced, so you’d have to remember to lock the car when you’re not at home; but that’s super easy to do by just pressing in the door handle.

You’re correct; if the car passively unlocks a number of times (10?) it will remain locked until you manually open it by pushing the handle, a key fob, or something.

You *can* turn off passive locking, fwiw - it just isn’t geofenced, so you’d have to remember to lock the car when you’re not at home; but that’s super easy to do by just pressing in the door handle.
Borski, thank you! Turned off the 'passive lock' (I didn't even realize it was separate from 'passive unlock'), and now I don't have to wait for a minute in the garage until it wakes up and unlocks. It just spends the night unlocked in there.

There is an indicator in the top right of the app (where the mobile key icon is) which indicates when passive unlocking has been disabled due to too many locks/unlocks (commonly associated with being at home where your phone might go in and out of bluetooth range over and over). In such cases, I'll disable BT when I get to the car, and then re-enable it. That usually does the trick.

In my experience turning passive locking off, doesn't really turn certain things "off". The car still "Wakes" and presents the handles when you get near it, even though technically the car is unlocked. It still seems to lock the charge port as well, so I can't remove the charger even when the car is technically unlocked.

Back