Recent content by translux

  1. translux

    Phantom Braking in Reverse

    For reasons unknown to me the incidents of phantom braking has increased in the past couple months. To me it looks like it’s more sensitive to shadows that are perceived as solid objects. Oddly I’ve also had a higher frequency of “sensors unavailable” for no obvious reason-rain, snow etc...
  2. translux

    do you hit your head on your air

    No issues for me as long as I perform the following... My exit is a bit less graceful...
  3. translux

    Highland Park, IL service facility to open in 2027 (for those of us disliking the drive to Goose Island from the North!)

    This is great news. Midwest desperately needs more service capacity.
  4. translux

    21,000-Mile Review: Living with the Lucid Air Sapphire

    Great post. I’ve figured out how to consolidate a couple vehicles for a Sapphire. My only real concern is jail or worse as I have very little self control or self preservation when I encounter another lunatic in a fast car.
  5. translux

    ZR1X vs. Sapphire (TL;DW: Sapphire takes the win)

    Don’t forget about minimal driveline loss for the Sapphire vs roughly 10% for the Corvette. I’ve driven a ZR1-not a X-and it felt very fast for a production car. The way the Sapphire pulls away is impressive.
  6. translux

    Car locked with child inside and would not unlock

    So far 6 bottles of SQN Poker Face and Into the Dark-amongst 10 people- certainly has influenced my mood though IMHO i think I still look good in a Speedo. My wife would disagree.
  7. translux

    Car locked with child inside and would not unlock

    Early on I gave up and just use the fob. It’s so compact I hardly notice it except when I wear a Speedo or Singlet…just change the battery every other month with a non-coated battery. Oh and the drivers door handle push usually doesn’t work but the driver side passenger does. Why? because it’s a...
  8. translux

    Car locked with child inside and would not unlock

    Volvo solution-get rid of the door handles on the outside. I understand the design of the internal door handles but the exterior still needs power-yes there’s a redundant power source-and I’d assume working comms of some kind to trigger the relay. The real issues is with someone who’s...
  9. translux

    Air Version 2.9.0

    Have you tired a hard reboot of the phone? For most iPhones do the following: Press and quickly release the volume up button. Press and quickly release the volume down button. Press and hold the side button. When the Apple logo appears, release the side button. I’m sure you tried this but...
  10. translux

    Is Lucid styling the problem?

    I think that only works for Mephistopheles….
  11. translux

    Air Version 2.9.0

    2024 AT-for me the update has not improved Bluetooth calling, still unusable. One of the biggest disappointments with Air. Frequency of CarPlay failing to launch has increased. Never before seen front radar failure-I think- has appeared twice. Logo reboot right after update.
  12. translux

    "Pull Forward" Call From Lucid

    From Yahoo Finance Porsche is navigating a severe financial crisis, reporting a 98% collapse in operating profit and a €4.7 billion writedown. Hit by crashing sales in China, slowing EV demand, and heavy U.S. tariffs, the brand is shifting its focus away from mass EV volume toward high-margin...
  13. translux

    Aero covers

    Sounds like it wasn’t fully seated when reinstalled. I took mine off right away after reading the owners manual and seeing the 120mph limit. This is for the Air. Several designs of Lucid Air wheels feature inserts that reduce aerodynamic drag at typical vehicle speeds. These inserts are...
  14. translux

    If not an Air, which EV would you buy?

    Looks like MB is going the other direction by bringing back the AMG V8, flat plane crank and all https://www.thedrive.com/news/mercedes-amg-will-get-its-v8s-back-this-year
  15. translux

    If not an Air, which EV would you buy?

    Yes I recall this, very cool. I also believe that the steering rack is from the same manufacturer as the Blackwing and I believe the Porsche GT3.
Back
Top