Recent content by johnse

  1. johnse

    Gravity V3.5.7

    I just got notified to update to 3.5.7. Installing now.
  2. johnse

    Wife got an R1S. Software envy increased

    I think there's a whole spectrum of buyers. Some will be as you say, but others will appreciate the ride, handling, etc. and the software that drives those features is invisible, but makes itself known in various ways. The user interface in Lucid's is beautiful. Watching the Eastern Edge race...
  3. johnse

    3.0 on Air

    One thing I haven't seen mentioned in this thread (could have missed it): my understanding is that UX 3.x for Air will require the CCCv2 (either originally built with it as in newer years, or upgraded). I would expect that UX 2.x may be limited in the future to high priority bug fixes for this...
  4. johnse

    Basically new Gravity DE for sale

    I noticed the lack of Bears on the fenders.... I hope due diligence was done that it's really a DE.
  5. johnse

    Sudden violent slamming on brakes

    Also, in a multi-car pileup, all of the middle cars will be partially at fault for following too closely. That bit of space between you and the car in front can prevent an accident from being even worse.
  6. johnse

    This might shed light on why automakers don’t go “all in” with CarPlay / Android Auto

    In our Mach-E, AA occasionally tries to take over the screen for navigation. We seriously dislike the maps presentation and prefer the native maps (which I think are HERE maps. We haven't driven since updating 3.5.1, but expect our normal usage will be native nav. In certain traffic bypass...
  7. johnse

    This might shed light on why automakers don’t go “all in” with CarPlay / Android Auto

    This is partially true. They have the same access to the data the car provides to CP/AA. But they don't have access to the UX data about what the user is doing with the apps running on the phone. At most they have screen touch data, but no context.
  8. johnse

    Gravity 3.5.1

    First thing I do in a new car is turn off voice directions. 😋
  9. johnse

    This might shed light on why automakers don’t go “all in” with CarPlay / Android Auto

    I posted that last year https://lucidowners.com/threads/article-and-podcast-suggesting-support-for-android-auto-and-apple-carplay-diminishing.12422/
  10. johnse

    No PAAK - Hello Weiner Mobile

    For me, the differentiating feature of PaaK vs Remote Start is: Remote Start requires internet connectivity to function, PaaK is entirely local and works without any wifi or cellular connectivity. You can have both. PaaK isn't going to remove the Remote Start functionality. They really are...
  11. johnse

    New software update for Gravity - 3.5

    Started update thread https://lucidowners.com/threads/gravity-3-5-1.15240/
  12. johnse

    3.5 ?

    Install starting. Thread 'Gravity 3.5.1' https://lucidowners.com/threads/gravity-3-5-1.15240/
  13. johnse

    Gravity 3.5.1

    I just was notified that 3.5.1 is available for installation and started the update. Estimated 1:10 update time. I figured it best to start a new thread separate from the anticipation thread.
  14. johnse

    Kyle shares more about Lucid Cosmos

    The KSA factory is needed for multiple reasons. It is much better positioned for shipping to Europe. It supports KSA desire to diversify their economy. It has different supply chain options. The AMP-1 facility is also needed. Lucid has domestic battery production sourcing agreements. Some of...
  15. johnse

    New software update for Gravity - 3.5

    Thank you @marqie!!
Back
Top