Pleasant service review by Out Of Spec Dave

Is there a way to look up all the TSB's besides asking people for their service invoice?
None that I know of for mere mortals. Only recalls and manufacturer communication to the NHSTA must be made public after a 2016 lawsuit.

@hybob - we have three categories: recalls (easy to find), Service Campaigns (Lucid service can tell you instantly by your vin and these are VIN specific), and TSBs - which can be all over the place.

As @borski said, TSBs are very different. At VAG, we could pay and subscribe to all Audi TSBs and print them off. They were great, many just being a nifty short cut a tech came up with for an issue. Many have flowcharts for isolating a problem. They also were very specific on which VINs were applicable.

Since Lucid has a tech portal, all the Lucid TSBs must live there. It would be every so nice if Lucid service gave us access, even if limited for the TSBs. Dream on.

HERE is the problem, though, as @borski also pointed out: a TSB does not mean EVERY car or even yours has that issue. OR even if is a problem (some VAG TSBs simply confirmed what normal was). I could see Lucid being afraid that if all TSBs were published to the masses, Lucid drivers would read them and NOW assume every one meant a real or potential problem with their car and ask for a bunch of necessary checks or repairs. I remember an Audi service manager tell me how often Audi owners would come into the dealer shop, with TSB in hand, asking for the mentioned TSB repair. Problem was, their car did not even have the module/subassembly on their car that was in the TSB. I guess it is a a bit like our TV drug adds causing watchers to imagine/invent the symptoms.. The power of suggestion.

Mobile tech coming next week for my annual, but I was told they do not do the tire rotation with mobile tech.

You will. Ask him to do the TSB for that. It’s super quick (pop off panel, remove tape, replace tape) and the tape that is there now *will* loosen over time. If it hasn’t yet, it’s just waiting to. :)

Yeah this blew my mind too. There have been a few forum threads that mentioned a high pitched whine from the screen brightness, but I’ve never heard of one from the headlights.

I hear neither, at 36 🤷‍♂️

Depends on the location; some have tire vans and some don’t.

So mobile tech came in and did my annual or 12k mile service, idk if they're different. But he did the 12k mile service.
Total was $360

He did the tire rotations as well, and left me this chart (attached)

He said the next service at 24k miles is a big one.

I asked him also about the TSB's and he said none tagged on my VIN, so I guess I may not need to worry about it yet For the sound tape issue in the door well?

Attachments

• IMG_20230911_164056.jpg
    IMG_20230911_164056.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 74
Back