Pleasant service review by Out Of Spec Dave

good review on service experience
Did they do an annual service , what would that include and how much does it cost?
As for the key fobs $400 for 2 is cheap . My Volvo key was like $800 to replace.

good review on service experience
Did they do an annual service , what would that include and how much does it cost?
As for the key fobs $400 for 2 is cheap . My Volvo key was like $800 to replace.
$350 for annual service; free for Dream Editions.

@OutofSpecDave all totally typical service items, most of which they had TSBs for. Great video!

Incidentally, the vibration you heard in the footwell is likely from the woofer that is actually in the footwell - crazy enough, it isn’t in the door! And what happened was there was a piece of tape covering a hole that loosened over time. They replace that with some better tape and zero vibration. :)

I appreciate @OutofSpecDave putting a light on Lucid's excellent customer service. Unmatched compared to anyone else's service, and I feel that they truly feel to give you the best service possible.

I never had any rattles, or the subwoofer or sound issue. So almost all of those service items were things I never had to worry about.

I will comment on this though... I'm in my mid twenties, Kyle can "hear" the headlights? What??
Never heard of such a thing. No one has ever mentioned it and I've had many young people in the car. Definitely curious what's up with that

One takeaway I had was that Dave had put over 15K miles on his Air using only DC fast charging. A confirmation that while the current state of CCS isn't great, it is workable. And for me, worth the tradeoff to be able to drive a nicer car.

One takeaway I had was that Dave had put over 15K miles on his Air using only DC fast charging. A confirmation that while the current state of CCS isn't great, it is workable. And for me, worth the tradeoff to be able to drive a nicer car.
Not only that, after the full charge he said it still showed miles remaining 515 at full charge. So only 1 mile less than EPA. Thought it would show lower, but I guess it hasn't degraded yet

Mine is this next week, and my mobile tech is doing my service for me in my garage
Mobile tech coming next week for my annual, but I was told they do not do the tire rotation with mobile tech.

or the subwoofer or sound issue.
You will. Ask him to do the TSB for that. It’s super quick (pop off panel, remove tape, replace tape) and the tape that is there now *will* loosen over time. If it hasn’t yet, it’s just waiting to. :)

I will comment on this though... I'm in my mid twenties, Kyle can "hear" the headlights? What??
Yeah this blew my mind too. There have been a few forum threads that mentioned a high pitched whine from the screen brightness, but I’ve never heard of one from the headlights.

I hear neither, at 36 🤷‍♂️

Mobile tech coming next week for my annual, but I was told they do not do the tire rotation with mobile tech.
Depends on the location; some have tire vans and some don’t.

You will. Ask him to do the TSB for that. It’s super quick (pop off panel, remove tape, replace tape) and the tape that is there now *will* loosen over time. If it hasn’t yet, it’s just waiting to.

Since Lucid knows of this issue, have they made replacement of that tape part of the standard maintenance visit? If not, I assume it's something a mobile tech can do?

Since Lucid knows of this issue, have they made replacement of that tape part of the standard maintenance visit? If not, I assume it's something a mobile tech can do?
Mobile did mine. Made a huge difference in sound quality.

It’s a TSB, not a recall, so they are not *required* to do it. If you ask, however, they will. Mobile can too.

You can also simply say “please check for any applicable TSBs,” but normally they only fix your issue if you have a problem (or specifically ask them to). That’s true for every car manufacturer re: TSBs btw.

@Bobby one thing the Ioniq Reddit did well is have a list of current TSBs; think we should have a running list somewhere?

It’s a TSB, not a recall, so they are not *required* to do it. If you ask, however, they will. Mobile can too.

You can also simply say “please check for any applicable TSBs,” but normally they only fix your issue if you have a problem (or specifically ask them to). That’s true for every car manufacturer re: TSBs btw.

@Bobby one thing the Ioniq Reddit did well is have a list of current TSBs; think we should have a running list somewhere?
Is there a way to look up all the TSB's besides asking people for their service invoice?

Back