Charging light on the car stopped working

dscafetta

Tried to charge at an EA station yesterday and could not get the chargers to work. Barely made it home with about 3%. Started charging from home (110V) no problem. Went to church this AM and came back to continue charging. Plugged in and the light on my car next to the charge port did NOT light up. Just checked again and the light is still not working, but the car says it is charging and the SOC does appear to be increasing.

Anyone heard of this? Any idea ho to fix it?

Any

That's a new one AFAIK. Time to call service.

Tried to charge at an EA station yesterday and could not get the chargers to work. Barely made it home with about 3%. Started charging from home (110V) no problem. Went to church this AM and came back to continue charging. Plugged in and the light on my car next to the charge port did NOT light up. Just checked again and the light is still not working, but the car says it is charging and the SOC does appear to be increasing.

Anyone heard of this? Any idea ho to fix it?

Any
I had this and had to have the charge port replaced. I agree with @DeaneG advice to contact customer care.

Did you ever solve your problem?
I have a service call scheduled in early December. The charge light now seems to be intermittent. Stopped working today while charging from home. Went to EA station and it worked up to 300 miles, then unexplicitly stopped. Had to go out, unplug, and restart. What a pain. I'm not sure if it is a Lucid issue or EA. Perhaps s bit of both.

Just had the same problem. Drove to key west, plugged into EA charger and charged to 85 %. Didn’t notice if light worked there, but it was my first EA charge so not sure the light comes on there. Drove home with 60 miles left on battery. Plugged in at home. No green light, but car was charging normally. I unplugged at 50 %. No green light. Waited until next day. Plugged in and green light worked fine. Charged to 80. % no problem. Is it maybe related to a starting from a very low charge? Heat related? Not sure, but doesn’t seem to be a problem at this point. I’ll ask service when they come to change a wonky door handle.

Just had the same problem. Drove to key west, plugged into EA charger and charged to 85 %. Didn’t notice if light worked there, but it was my first EA charge so not sure the light comes on there. Drove home with 60 miles left on battery. Plugged in at home. No green light, but car was charging normally. I unplugged at 50 %. No green light. Waited until next day. Plugged in and green light worked fine. Charged to 80. % no problem. Is it maybe related to a starting from a very low charge? Heat related? Not sure, but doesn’t seem to be a problem at this point. I’ll ask service when they come to change a wonky door handle.
What green light are you referring to?

In the charge port opening. Triangular shape. White when first connected, turns green as it charges. The level of the battery charge estimated by the light triangle as it “fills up”

In the charge port opening. Triangular shape. White when first connected, turns green as it charges. The level of the battery charge estimated by the light triangle as it “fills up”
I had that issue and service has to replace the charge port to fix it. Like you said it does not affect charging so there is no rush to have it fixed. Definitely ask during your next service.

I just had mine replaced, too. Be sure they realign your charging port door after they fix this. The folks in Denver knocked mine out of alignment, so now the door doesn't always close properly for me.

It doesn't stay on during the charging cycle only initially just like the brake lights and front light bar.

Not true. the charging light normally stays on the entire time of the charge. This is just another unexplained event that Lucid has no idea how to fix. In the overall scheme of things of is not much of an issue. It's only an issue if you want to be the Best EV auto maker.

Not true. the charging light normally stays on the entire time of the charge. This is just another unexplained event that Lucid has no idea how to fix. In the overall scheme of things of is not much of an issue. It's only an issue if you want to be the Best EV auto maker.
I’m not sure I see the connection here. I like it on as a quick reference of charge level.

FWIW I just got mine back yesterday and they did 3 campaign services while she was in. 1 was for HV Connector housing, 1 for charging port emergency cable release and 1 for coolant hose line. Didn’t even know there was a charging port emergency cable release! Which reminds me: in the highly unlikely event ALLLL power is lost (including 12v backup), how do I get in this thing? Not sure I would if total failure of that kind. But still. It gets frosty in SoCal 🤣

FWIW I just got mine back yesterday and they did 3 campaign services while she was in. 1 was for HV Connector housing, 1 for charging port emergency cable release and 1 for coolant hose line. Didn’t even know there was a charging port emergency cable release! Which reminds me: in the highly unlikely event ALLLL power is lost (including 12v backup), how do I get in this thing? Not sure I would if total failure of that kind. But still. It gets frosty in SoCal 🤣
IMG_8809.png

Back