Adapter

Cenzi

Cars
Lucid Air
I know they advise you not to, but in case of an emergency. Has anyone used an adapter to charge their Lucid at a Tesla charging station? And if you have, how was the experience and which adapter did you use?

I know they advise you not to, but in case of an emergency. Has anyone used an adapter to charge their Lucid at a Tesla charging station? And if you have, how was the experience and which adapter did you use?
At a Tesla destination charger, it's no issue - I use TeslaTap but there are plenty of fine options.

At a supercharger, it will not work and you shouldn't try it. Others have.

At a Tesla destination charger, it's no issue - I use TeslaTap but there are plenty of fine options.

At a supercharger, it will not work and you shouldn't try it. Others have.
Does lucid work with superchargers outfitted with CCS plugs?

Other brands (Ford, Rivian) that have started using Superchargers have provided the adapters for free.

Your VIN needs to be in the billing system to work so it's just not an adapter. Ford and Rivian got their VIN registered seamlessly so drivers can hook the Supercharger to the adapter and it just works.

In the meantime, you can register your car directly with Tesla app but it's only valid at Magic Dock stations that have built-in CCS1.

That means your adapter only works if:

1. Provided by Tesla as a built-in at a Magic Dock

Or

2. Provided by your car company

Last edited:
I'm a relatively new owner (GT) and am considering my first real trip (1500 miles or so). Have only charged at home so far. Been trying to catch up on all the posts re: charging, but now looking for opinions from owners whether in light of current state of charging networks (esp EA America), it's at all worthwhile/need to purchase an NACS adapter for the road? And if so, opinion on which one? And finally, has Lucid yet endorsed and adapter for all current Lucids? Thanks! (...still learning about all this stuff!)

I'm a relatively new owner (GT) and am considering my first real trip (1500 miles or so). Have only charged at home so far. Been trying to catch up on all the posts re: charging, but now looking for opinions from owners whether in light of current state of charging networks (esp EA America), it's at all worthwhile/need to purchase an NACS adapter for the road? And if so, opinion on which one? And finally, has Lucid yet endorsed and adapter for all current Lucids? Thanks! (...still learning about all this stuff!)
I have a Tesla Tap that works with non-Supercharger NACS chargers, like Tesla destination chargers at hotels. I have used it several times on long road trips for overnight Level 2 charging.

I think an 80 amp adapter, like a Tesla Tap Mini, is a good idea on a long road trip. It may allow you to use a destination charger at a hotel, which is very handy, as it eliminates a charging stop.
Lucid hasn't endorsed any adapter and has cautioned against their use.

I have a Tesla Tap that works with non-Supercharger NACS chargers, like Tesla destination chargers at hotels. I have used it several times on long road trips for overnight Level 2 charging.
Thank you...very helpful! Will search out on line.

I think an 80 amp adapter, like a Tesla Tap Mini, is a good idea on a long road trip. It may allow you to use a destination charger at a hotel, which is very handy, as it eliminates a charging stop.
Lucid hasn't endorsed any adapter and has cautioned against their use.
Thank you too. A little nervous about Lucid's "non-endorsement" and caution, but hotel charging is exactly what I think we'll be needing (traveling up the east coast from Fla to Maine). Will search out the Tesla Tap Mini.

Thank you too. A little nervous about Lucid's "non-endorsement" and caution, but hotel charging is exactly what I think we'll be needing (traveling up the east coast from Fla to Maine). Will search out the Tesla Tap Mini.
This one is a good choice, even though it has "lightning" branding. It's more capable than their regular "80 amp" TeslaTap:

In my experience, the condition of the sometimes-worn destination charging cord and cable can be more worrisome than the actual use of the TeslaTap.

Back