- Joined
- Apr 17, 2022
- Messages
- 1,566
- Reaction score
- 1,914
- Location
- Chula Vista CA
- Cars
- Tesla MX, Air GT, GGT
10Best Cars for 2025 — Car and Driver
Our annual celebration of automotive superstars for 2025.
Enjoy and congrats!!Pretty cool to read something like this the day before taking delivery!
…sleeping will be difficult
LOL the UI is fine, when it works. A lot of the features on Lucid are outstanding, when they work. The issue is, whether or not it's working is a crap shoot.Funny how Lucid is getting slammed in other threads on this Forum about its software and UI and in this article the UI is cited as being superior to both Rivian and Tesla. I’v never been in a Rivian, but I certainly prefer Lucid’s UI to Tesla’s!
Agreed, I have now had the car long enough to experience some of the remaining bugginess in the software. Nothing earth shattering, or scary (like the phantom braking I had early on with my Tesla), but little stuff like preferences changing on their own, needing to re-pair my phone, Nav system accepting voice input for an address but then not starting to navigate. Small stuff like that. No biggie IMHO, but it would be lovely if Lucid fixes them!LOL the UI is fine, when it works. A lot of the features on Lucid are outstanding, when they work. The issue is, whether or not it's working is a crap shoot.
And for some of us, the complaining is because we know how awesome the car can be if they would just fix the damn software!
As annoying as some of the issues are, the one bug that makes me want to set the car on fire is the mobile key. I have repeatedly had to stand in my garage, or out in the rain, or in my office, waiting for the damn car to realize I was standing next to it.Agreed, I have now had the car long enough to experience some of the remaining bugginess in the software. Nothing earth shattering, or scary (like the phantom braking I had early on with my Tesla), but little stuff like preferences changing on their own, needing to re-pair my phone, Nav system accepting voice input for an address but then not starting to navigate. Small stuff like that. No biggie IMHO, but it would be lovely if Lucid fixes them!
That would drive me nuts too. I have been VERY fortunate in that I have not had any issues with that thus far.As annoying as some of the issues are, the one bug that makes me want to set the car on fire is the mobile key. I have repeatedly had to stand in my garage, or out in the rain, or in my office, waiting for the damn car to realize I was standing next to it.
Rivian’s is cell shaded animation style which suits that vehicle’s vibe but the Lucid appearance (and hopefully it’s continued evolution) is a much more luxury experience.Funny how Lucid is getting slammed in other threads on this Forum about its software and UI and in this article the UI is cited as being superior to both Rivian and Tesla. I’v never been in a Rivian, but I certainly prefer Lucid’s UI to Tesla’s!