Within the first 13K Reservations

AIR.LUCID

Reaction score
Cars
‘04 Prius, ‘98 MB SLK230
I reserved a Pure on 10/4/21, which was well before 17K reservations was announced. They will produce 20K this year.
Does that mean mine will be one of the first 20K for this year, or is the Pure destined to wait until ’23? I guess GTs & Ts reserved after mine may get promoted ahead of me.

This will undoubtedly be answered in the first earnings call once we see if they delivered 520 by the end of 2021 or if they are actually delayed until Feb 2022 in production.

If delayed, they will likely push late Pure reservations to 2023. Depending what portion of the 20,000 reservations are Grand Tourings and Tourings, late Touring reservations might even be pushed. But given how "affordable" the Pure is, it would make sense for a majority of the reservations to be Pure.

The official statement from Lucid is that they hope to start all three trims within 2022, in addition to the 20,000 deliveries.

Other factors that could help are the new AMP-2 and AMP-3 construction completions. Once AMP-2 is done, then their production ability increases to 90,000 cars/year. It wouldn't make sense for them to use that space for Gravity. AMP-1 took 9 months to finish construction, AMP-2 broke ground in Q3 2021. The other encouraging piece is they announced that AMP-3 would begin construction simultaneously with AMP-2 (originally meant to be built sequentially) which might mean they feel good about construction progress of AMP-2.

I have been and I am still guessing that it will be 2023 before we see any Pure being sold. I have reserved a Pure and I am fine with that. I don't want to buy a Lucid until they have worked out the gremlins.

Back