Wired CarPlay cuts in and out?

PewPew

Verified Owner
Cars
Air DE-P, Model S
DE Number
Does anyone else experience this? Wired CarPlay for me seems to crash and restart sporadically. Wireless seems largely fine.

I’ve tried a number of different wires!

I’ve tried a number of different wires!
I'd also try to clean your lightning port on your phone. Google to find videos / tips of the procedure, be sure to do it when the phone is off. I actually had to clean the USBC port of my iPad Pro yesterday as I was getting intermittent charging.

It’s not just you. I have the same issue. On a periodic basis the car play cuts out and then restarts. Never had an issue with with same wire on another car.

Mine cuts in & out on both wired & wireless.

Same here. Drove around without music for a couple of hours today. Couldn't get Car Play to work unless we rebooted from the pilot, deleted the phone and re-installed the phone. Sometime it works, sometimes it doesn't. It worked perfectly fine early April before initiating the last two Lucid updates. Something is effed up.

So I think there's two different issues?

1. Software related: I notice that it is more likely to cut out when I take actions, like "play music on spotify".
2. Port related: It seems to be more stable when I use the USB-A port. I'm noticing that sometimes when I use the port front USB-C for charging, it cuts out on occasion

So I think there's two different issues?

1. Software related: I notice that it is more likely to cut out when I take actions, like "play music on spotify".
2. Port related: It seems to be more stable when I use the USB-A port. I'm noticing that sometimes when I use the port front USB-C for charging, it cuts out on occasion
Are you asking Siri or Alexa?

Not sure about wireless. I haven't used wireless much recently

Back