Winter Driving Impression : WOW

Follow up. This morning was basically a skating rink of ice on my way to work. Last night it warmed up, then this AM it was snowing and below freezing so roads were horrendous.
The car did well but I wanted to share a couple observations that I am sure many people have likely thought of. On solid ice, be careful with Regen ( even standard ); especially for those who are unaccustomed. One time I let up a little bit quickly and slid, but the car did a fantastic job of correcting immediately . On this kind of ice, no vehicle is immune from sliding but I felt very safe in the Air ( except for the nanosecond I almost soiled myself when it slipped). No one was going more than 20 mph this AM and there were lots of cars off the road.
Once again in areas of deeper heavy plowed snow, no problem!!
So glad I moved to California 😃

I finally had the opportunity to test the car on roads with deep snow, packed snow, and ice, with my 19 inch all seasons. I drove on several steep gradients , flat sections and curvy portions of the road. There was anywhere from 4-10 inches of snow on the roads . This car was absolutely amazing in all respects. It had no issues accelerating on ice or deep snow. When I forced it a bit, traction control was stunning. I did several harder stops and it was incredibly stable. The all seasons seem very adept at handling challenging conditions. In my opinion , the Air felt more stable and controlled than my Subaru Outback. This experienced has alleviated any concerns I had with the car’s performance in winter. Just outstanding!!
Thanks for the winter driving report. Seattle is getting its first snow of the season right now, so I will get a chance to see for myself. I have an Subaru Outback and it has been so so in snow. I drove most of my working years in various front wheel drive cars and never had any problem, so I suspect the I will have no problem with the Lucid. My main concern with the Lucid is with its low road clearance and how that will affect driving in snow if it gets very deep.

Thanks for the winter driving report. Seattle is getting its first snow of the season right now, so I will get a chance to see for myself. I have an Subaru Outback and it has been so so in snow. I drove most of my working years in various front wheel drive cars and never had any problem, so I suspect the I will have no problem with the Lucid. My main concern with the Lucid is with its low road clearance and how that will affect driving in snow if it gets very deep.

The low clearance is certainly a concern. I didn’t have any problem plowing through fairly deep snow a couple nights ago; it was quite effortless.

You will really feel confident in winter conditions. Have fun!!!

Back