Windshield washer spray

lucidnewbie24

Member

Verified Owner
Joined
Dec 16, 2024
Messages
81
Reaction score
83
Cars
Polestar 2
I did a search and didn't see this asked but apologies if I missed it.

I have a GGT since 4/30/26. I have not had to refill the windshield washer fluid. After about 1300 miles, the wipers stopped spraying fluid like I first got it. Up until this point, it would lay down lines of fluid without a spray which I thought was a good alternative to the usual spray. It reminded me of the Polestar 2 spray from wipers. I thought the reservoir was empty so I filled it up but it felt more like a top off, taking barely any of the bottle before it filled up. Now, it would spray some liquid but only at the end of the wiper position and the liquid is clear, or blue like normal fluid. It looks like water and does not cleaning, only squeaking of the wipers on a mostly drive windshield.

Has this happened to anyone else? I have no idea why the liquid is like water.
 
I guess no one has this issue :( I'll need to get it checked out at a SC. Unfortunately, there's no appointments for months.
 
The washer on my Air is just like that. Sometimes it lays out lines of fluid evenly across the windshield, but mostly the fluid just "blurbs" onto the windshield. Either way, I am able to clean the windshield. I have tried cleaning the jets multiple times, without effect. It clearly doesn't work as designed, but I am able to clean the windshield so I just roll with it.

Eventually I am going to have to take the car in for services (1 year checkup?) and I will have service take a look at it. But for now, it gets the job done so I don't worry about it.
 
I find I have to press the rear window washer icon on the left part of the Cockpit screen and HOLD IT to get water to spray onto the rear window.

The front window washer is just a poorly designed mess: crazy amounts of water splashing way up on the roof part of the windshield (which then drips back down invariably right in front of the driver's view of the road in front) and around to the driver side window and above where the wiper reaches on the passenger side, which the wind smears across as you drive. I find myself stopping at gas stations again just to wash the windows!

(..pulling into a gas station in an EV always gets some good glaring looks, eh?!!)
 
I think there is something wrong with mine. Feels like a clog somewhere since the windshield isn't getting enough spray so it's squeaking dry. I used to get the nice lines of fluid so something happened. Also, I feel the fluid is just plain water. I topped off the fluid tank with actual blue washer fluid but maybe it's not mixing in the reservoir.
 
I very, very seldom use the windshield washer, which means it can go months between uses. On my Air it always felt like the pump would lose its prime in between uses and would take 10+ seconds of mashing the wash button and wiping a dry windshield before fluid would be dispensed.
 
I very, very seldom use the windshield washer, which means it can go months between uses. On my Air it always felt like the pump would lose its prime in between uses and would take 10+ seconds of mashing the wash button and wiping a dry windshield before fluid would be dispensed.
You're so lucky. There are so many bugs where I am so I'm always using it. I only get a little dribble from it and only on the first press. If I do it again it's worse.
 
I did a search and didn't see this asked but apologies if I missed it.

I have a GGT since 4/30/26. I have not had to refill the windshield washer fluid. After about 1300 miles, the wipers stopped spraying fluid like I first got it. Up until this point, it would lay down lines of fluid without a spray which I thought was a good alternative to the usual spray. It reminded me of the Polestar 2 spray from wipers. I thought the reservoir was empty so I filled it up but it felt more like a top off, taking barely any of the bottle before it filled up. Now, it would spray some liquid but only at the end of the wiper position and the liquid is clear, or blue like normal fluid. It looks like water and does not cleaning, only squeaking of the wipers on a mostly drive windshield.

Has this happened to anyone else side by side accessories utv? I have no idea why the liquid is like water.
On a Polestar 4, this is most likely caused by diluted or contaminated washer fluid rather than a fault with the system. If it looks like water and doesn’t clean properly, the reservoir has probably been topped up with water or heavily diluted over time. The delayed spraying at the end of the cycle suggests the pump and timing are still working. The fix is to drain and refill with proper concentrated washer fluid and run a few cycles to flush the system.
 
I think there is something wrong with mine. Feels like a clog somewhere since the windshield isn't getting enough spray so it's squeaking dry. I used to get the nice lines of fluid so something happened. Also, I feel the fluid is just plain water. I topped off the fluid tank with actual blue washer fluid but maybe it's not mixing in the reservoir.
Mine kinda gives up on dispensing fluid after the first or second try. Then it kind of blurbs out onto the windshield (sorry for the technical jargon).
 
You're so lucky. There are so many bugs where I am so I'm always using it. I only get a little dribble from it and only on the first press. If I do it again it's worse.
I asked service about this and they said it is designed to only spray a certain amount that "it determines is enough" and there's no override
 
On a Polestar 4, this is most likely caused by diluted or contaminated washer fluid rather than a fault with the system. If it looks like water and doesn’t clean properly, the reservoir has probably been topped up with water or heavily diluted over time. The delayed spraying at the end of the cycle suggests the pump and timing are still working. The fix is to drain and refill with proper concentrated washer fluid and run a few cycles to flush the system.
Well the car is new and I have only filled with washer fluid. It's possible the SC topped off with water. Not sure how to drain the reservoir other than having the pump do it but thats part of the problem.
 
I use my washers every day on my Air, and they work great. I’d suggest having that checked out by service when you can. That’s definitely not normal.
 
I use my washers every day on my Air, and they work great. I’d suggest having that checked out by service when you can. That’s definitely not normal.
Yeah I'm trying to get an appointment but no available time slot through July. I need to call them.
 
Well the car is new and I have only filled with washer fluid. It's possible the SC topped off with water. Not sure how to drain the reservoir other than having the pump do it but thats part of the problem.
You can find a small siphon pump virtually anywhere and get rid of whatever is in there. If it works, it's sure simpler than waiting and won't stress the wiper pump.
 
You can find a small siphon pump virtually anywhere and get rid of whatever is in there. If it works, it's sure simpler than waiting and won't stress the wiper pump.
The issue is still either the pump or clog. It's an annoying issue that I wish I can just bring in to get fixed. The lack of service appointments is kind of ridiculous but I guess I've been reading about this alot.
 
Back
Top