Why won't my Gravity charge?

Seoulgirl26

New Member

Joined
Apr 29, 2026
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Cars
Gravity
Any thoughts on why my Gravity will not charge? My Gravity has less than 1000 miles and I have charged at two Tesla super chargers and three times at Electrify America, but today when I plugged in first at an Electrify America the car messaged it could not charge and to unplug. I unplugged three times at Electrify, I finally gave up and went to a Tesla Super charger and again received the unplug message. I have called for a tow. Any advise from Gravity owners?
 
This happened to me when the vehicle was on 3.4.1(?) I spoke with Lucid, they did something over the air and after a reboot the problem was solved. Not sure if it had something to do with payment method or the vehicle. The issue was present at both Tesla and Electrify America as it is for you
 
Any thoughts on why my Gravity will not charge? My Gravity has less than 1000 miles and I have charged at two Tesla super chargers and three times at Electrify America, but today when I plugged in first at an Electrify America the car messaged it could not charge and to unplug. I unplugged three times at Electrify, I finally gave up and went to a Tesla Super charger and again received the unplug message. I have called for a tow. Any advise from Gravity owners?
I got nothing other than something wrong with the vehicle itself. You tried two different networks and same result, so that would seem to indicate it's the vehicle. Can you go to a level 2 charger and get a charge going?
 
This happened to me when the vehicle was on 3.4.1(?) I spoke with Lucid, they did something over the air and after a reboot the problem was solved. Not sure if it had something to do with payment method or the vehicle. The issue was present at both Tesla and Electrify America as it is for you
Ah....didn't consider the two plug and charge networks! OP, can you find a different network to try? Maybe there's issue with your Lucid account or payment method...
 
Lucid sent a transporter, it’s something with the vehicle. I will update once I know what the issue is.
 
IMG_8899.webp
 
This is what my charging port looks like. The last time I charged I went to an Electrify America and used the Lucid adapter. So I am thinking the adapter maybe defective. I have not heard back from the service department. They have a week long wait.
 
Any thoughts on why my Gravity will not charge? My Gravity has less than 1000 miles and I have charged at two Tesla super chargers and three times at Electrify America, but today when I plugged in first at an Electrify America the car messaged it could not charge and to unplug. I unplugged three times at Electrify, I finally gave up and went to a Tesla Super charger and again received the unplug message. I have called for a tow. Any advise from Gravity owners?

I am enjoying my Gravity Grand Touring. I drove from Santa Monica to Savannah by way of St. George, Ut and Page, Az. Ran into charging issues in Barstow CA and Kayenta, Az.

I have a Tesla membership granting me the same pricing Tesla owners receive. I come to find out after paying exorbitant pricing via the Lucid app that the Tesla membership pricing is not transparent via the Lucid app. For $12.50/mo. I recommend getting the Tesla membership.

When charging I found if both Tesla and Lucid apps were open when trying to charge, I'd run into a conflict and would not be able to charge.

If this happens to you close both apps and power off your phone. Have everyone exit the car making sure the key fob is not left in the car, do a power reset by touching your key card on the driver's side i-beam where the icon is, the car should lock. Walk away from the car, saw 30-60 ft away so the car doesn't recognize the key fob. Wait 2-3 minutes before returning to the car. Once in do a reboot of the computer by holding down the X microphone and brake pedal simultaneously for 30 seconds. You'll see a message on the screen to release the buttons. The screens will go dark and reboot just like any other computer. When the screens turn back on wait another minute for all the systems to come on line. At this point turn your phone back on and open the Tesla app, while keeping the Lucid app closed. Locate the charging station and tell the app which charger you are charging at, start charging and kast but not least plug the charger into the port.

I always make sure that the Lucid app is closed prior to opening the Tesla app. Sometimes the Tesla app can not locate the Tesla location where I am wanting to charge at. I power off my phone and once on return to the Tesla app and the location will appear. Choose the charger, start charging and then plug in the charging cable to the car.

Bottom line always make sure the Lucid app is closed, before opening another charging app!

I hope this saves you all from the 2 experiences I had in Barstow and Kayenta.

Regards

Howard G.
 
@HGanz56 are you charging app problems with Electrify America and Tesla? I'm pretty sure I had the Lucid App open when I was using the EVGo App. The difference with my senario is that EVGo is not a part of the Lucid charging network so EVGo locations are not plug and go for charging.

Btw, nice very clear writeup on the problem and solution.
 
Back
Top