Why is there such a variation in the availability of mobile service between service centers?

AltadenaAir

Verified Owner
Reaction score
Cars
Grand Touring
Please don't take this as a complaint about the people in my local service center. They are nice enough and seem competent.

I am currently dealing with an the warning "Drive System Warning - Contact Customer Care". CC referred me to my SC. My SC called, but can neither access the car's logs remotely nor can they come to me to plug in their diagnostic tool. I live 60-90 minutes from my local CC, depending on traffic.

I see posts on this forum about folks receiving mobile service calls, some for folks hours away from an SC. But my local SC (LA) doesn't seem to have the resources for that. Why is that

Not to mention that Peter stated before I purchased the car that Lucid would always be a "mobile first" company. That was one of my motivators for purchasing a $150,000 vehicle.

Does anyone have any insights, or magic words to say?

I want Lucid to succeed. Providing early adopters with poor customer service is not a good way to achieve that.

Please don't take this as a complaint about the people in my local service center. They are nice enough and seem competent.

I am currently dealing with an the warning "Drive System Warning - Contact Customer Care". CC referred me to my SC. My SC called, but can neither access the car's logs remotely nor can they come to me to plug in their diagnostic tool. I live 60-90 minutes from my local CC, depending on traffic.

I see posts on this forum about folks receiving mobile service calls, some for folks hours away from an SC. But my local SC (LA) doesn't seem to have the resources for that. Why is that

Not to mention that Peter stated before I purchased the car that Lucid would always be a "mobile first" company. That was one of my motivators for purchasing a $150,000 vehicle.

I want Lucid to succeed. Providing early adopters with poor customer service is not a good way to achieve that.
Where are you located?

Lucid absolutely has mobile service (I literally have one scheduled this Friday!), but for a drive system warning you will always be asked to get the car to the service center. They will happily tow it.

This particular warning is not one that can be resolved via mobile service. It is almost always a battery failure (necessitating replacing of the battery and/or Wunderbox) or a motor failure. Either one cannot be resolved mobile.

Tell the SC to come get the car and have them bring you a loaner.

Back