- Joined
- Jul 21, 2026
- Messages
- 20
- Reaction score
- 38
- Location
- Northern Virginia
- Cars
- Lucid Air Dream Edition
- Air DE Number
- 488
Ever since I was a kid, I wanted to have the most badass Hot Wheels that looked cool as fuck. As I got older, my desires for my dream car grew beyond just looking nice; I wanted something fast, comfortable, spacious, quiet and reliable, with all the modern conveniences. I wanted that one car that did it all.
Earlier this year, I pulled the trigger on a used Lucid Air Dream Edition, which ticked all the boxes and then some. Reliability is still up in the air (haha, get it?), but everything else is beyond my expectations, so I've been extremely pleased with my purchase. One drawback was that the car looked okay, but could use some improvement.
Was:
While my car was by no means ugly and had all the bells and whistles that I dreamed of, it didn't quite look like the car of my dreams. It looked like something an old, quiet, retired accountant would drive to go to Bingo night. But now, I'm at a point in my life that I have just enough fuck-around-with money to make my dream vehicle come to be. So of course I had to get my Air wrapped.
Is:
I had my Air wrapped in Pure PPF Purple Rain and it honestly came out looking even better than I expected, so I just had to share. Aside from the color change, I wanted to: 1) Squash the two-tone color scheme and also 2) Keep it looking as "stock" as possible.
1) Squash the two-tone color scheme: I think two-tone color schemes work well with exotics that have crazy curves, like a Bugatti, or on American muscle cars with the "racing stripes". But the two-tone on the stock Air (with the glass roof and without the "stealth" option) just makes the car look old-fashioned. The car just doesn't have the curves or aggressive stance to pull it off, IMO.
2) Keep it looking as "stock" as possible: Other than the two-tone color scheme, I actually like how Lucid designed the rest of the car's looks. All the chrome, black and silver trim on the car is done tastefully to accentuate the car's features; just enough to make it look classy, but not flashy. I had the black trim covered in black gloss PPF, the chrome and lights covered with clear gloss PPF, and the silver trim covered with matte PPF. The Air logos and other trim not able to be wrapped is ceramic-coated.
Before I got the wrap done, I was worried that it would make my car look tacky or that my friends and family would grow concerned that I'm going through some kind of mid-life crisis. But in reality, pretty much everybody had only positive things to say about my car. In the first two days after I got my car back, I had four different people ask me, "Is that STOCK?!". This was a much better compliment that other people saying "I like your car" or "nice color" because it shows that they think that my car might have actually been made in the factory looking like this. I like that.
The only remotely negative thing I heard someone say about my car is a coworker who said, "It looks like a Hot Wheels car... Before the color fades...". I know he meant it as a backhanded compliment to throw shade at my car, likely because he assumed it was a vinyl wrap, rather than PPF, but whatever. I'll take it as a genuine complement that I now have the most badass Hot Wheels at the playground.
What you think? I'm no photographer and I assure you; my car looks even nicer when you see it in person. But I know tastes are subjective, so I wanted to see how other owners have wrapped their Lucids. Let's see how your wrap makes your car look badass!
Earlier this year, I pulled the trigger on a used Lucid Air Dream Edition, which ticked all the boxes and then some. Reliability is still up in the air (haha, get it?), but everything else is beyond my expectations, so I've been extremely pleased with my purchase. One drawback was that the car looked okay, but could use some improvement.
Was:
While my car was by no means ugly and had all the bells and whistles that I dreamed of, it didn't quite look like the car of my dreams. It looked like something an old, quiet, retired accountant would drive to go to Bingo night. But now, I'm at a point in my life that I have just enough fuck-around-with money to make my dream vehicle come to be. So of course I had to get my Air wrapped.
Is:
I had my Air wrapped in Pure PPF Purple Rain and it honestly came out looking even better than I expected, so I just had to share. Aside from the color change, I wanted to: 1) Squash the two-tone color scheme and also 2) Keep it looking as "stock" as possible.
1) Squash the two-tone color scheme: I think two-tone color schemes work well with exotics that have crazy curves, like a Bugatti, or on American muscle cars with the "racing stripes". But the two-tone on the stock Air (with the glass roof and without the "stealth" option) just makes the car look old-fashioned. The car just doesn't have the curves or aggressive stance to pull it off, IMO.
2) Keep it looking as "stock" as possible: Other than the two-tone color scheme, I actually like how Lucid designed the rest of the car's looks. All the chrome, black and silver trim on the car is done tastefully to accentuate the car's features; just enough to make it look classy, but not flashy. I had the black trim covered in black gloss PPF, the chrome and lights covered with clear gloss PPF, and the silver trim covered with matte PPF. The Air logos and other trim not able to be wrapped is ceramic-coated.
Before I got the wrap done, I was worried that it would make my car look tacky or that my friends and family would grow concerned that I'm going through some kind of mid-life crisis. But in reality, pretty much everybody had only positive things to say about my car. In the first two days after I got my car back, I had four different people ask me, "Is that STOCK?!". This was a much better compliment that other people saying "I like your car" or "nice color" because it shows that they think that my car might have actually been made in the factory looking like this. I like that.
The only remotely negative thing I heard someone say about my car is a coworker who said, "It looks like a Hot Wheels car... Before the color fades...". I know he meant it as a backhanded compliment to throw shade at my car, likely because he assumed it was a vinyl wrap, rather than PPF, but whatever. I'll take it as a genuine complement that I now have the most badass Hot Wheels at the playground.
What you think? I'm no photographer and I assure you; my car looks even nicer when you see it in person. But I know tastes are subjective, so I wanted to see how other owners have wrapped their Lucids. Let's see how your wrap makes your car look badass!