Who paid to keep Sirius? Most of our 'trials' expire in a few days!

I did. I don't listen to it all the time, but $5/month is pretty cheap. And I already have it in the other two cars, both of which are older and don't support any other type of wireless music.

I did. I don't listen to it all the time, but $5/month is pretty cheap. And I already have it in the other two cars, both of which are older and don't support any other type of wireless music.
except its more with taxes and that $5 is only good for 1 year last I checked/saw

when you renew do they say you can cancel any time? The renewal terms for year 2 are not specified in the offer letter

The frequency response of my 67 year old years cannot tell the difference between YouTube music YouTube audio quality and Sirius lol. So I never bothered to use Sirius. I have YouTube premium family account good for 6 people for watching or listening offline too without ads.

Its certainly not the best quality going through the internet instead of antenna based like in our ICE vehicle. What do you listen to that's superior quality because I didn't feel like Spotify or Title are all that much better in all honesty!
Try going to the Spotify settings in your car and increasing the playback to Highest Quality. I find it’s almost at good as Tidal that way.

I just tried Amazon Music Atmos through in car Alexa, and it sounds great. However, you have to like certain music. I’m not sure if paying will get more selection.

I do like listening to the news channels but thats all.
The only reason I use Sirius in our Honda Odyssey is to listen to news. I don't want to start a political thing here, but when I tried the news in the Sirius promotional account in the Lucid, the only news channels that came up as defaults under the "News" tab were two Fox News channels. To get to NPR, CNN, or MSNBC I had to go into submenus. I could not find a way to change or add stations to the default, so I never opened Sirius again in the Lucid and won't be subscribing.

Last edited:
For those of us who had the BETA Sirius (along with it's issues) and now the official 90 days trial is about to end, who is keeping it vs. just using Amazon Music or Spotify instead? I have NOT renewed/given my credit card and am going to try to live with just my Spotify and Amazon music for a bit 1st
I tried a free trial Sirius in my previous car, Subaru Outback and was not impressed and reading about how hard it was to cancel I never gave them my credit card. I never took advantage of the trial through Lucid and will keep ignoring all the mail offers. I use Tidal and my iPhone (Pandora and Audible).

I waited a while to find the $5/month for platinum service, since I wanted to listen to sports. The price is good for a year and it starts after my free trial. Since the NFL is seasonal, i have no problem canceling and waiting a month or two for another good offer. Sirius really is a shell game and they count on you forgetting to cancel so they can start billing you $24 a month. For those that have a credit card that will let you generate new CC numbers and expiration dates, use those for your subscription and set the expiration date for the last month of your "introductory" price...

I waited a while to find the $5/month for platinum service, since I wanted to listen to sports. The price is good for a year and it starts after my free trial. Since the NFL is seasonal, i have no problem canceling and waiting a month or two for another good offer. Sirius really is a shell game and they count on you forgetting to cancel so they can start billing you $24 a month. For those that have a credit card that will let you generate new CC numbers and expiration dates, use those for your subscription and set the expiration date for the last month of your "introductory" price...
The so called shell game is the whole strategy behind most discounted trial subscription offers the world over. I like Sirius with the host of specialty channels like PGA golf for example. Audio wise not in the same league as Tidal of course.

except its more with taxes and that $5 is only good for 1 year last I checked/saw
You can call them every year much like the cable company and get the promotional rate for another year. I’ve been doing this for years with SiriusXM

I pay for the Atmos Tidal membership for listening to music in my Lucid. I did also continue with Sirius for news and sports. $5 per month is worth it.

I just got an email offer today from Sirius for $4 / month. I scrolled down to see how long I had to decide...

1709793695412.png

Anyone got a time machine? 🤣

I pay for the Atmos Tidal membership for listening to music in my Lucid. I did also continue with Sirius for news and sports. $5 per month is worth it.
Agreed. With the $5 month Sirius fee + Tidal reduction to $10.99 the combined cost is still less than the $19.99 month I had been paying for Tidal alone. It works for me.

When I switched from my Audi, I went to transfer my SXM account to my wife’s vehicle. They wanted $15 to transfer it to a different vehicle. That they wanted anything at all shocked me. So I switched to streaming, only to find out I had a free trial anyway. 🤦🏻‍♂

I got the Tidal trial, and love the quality… of certain tracks, even some remastered ones, like Tusk and Psycho Killer. I’ll probably cancel SXM and stick with Tidal, especially with the recently announced Tidal price drop.

I just got an email offer today from Sirius for $4 / month. I scrolled down to see how long I had to decide...

View attachment 19040

Anyone got a time machine? 🤣
Yes. Rumor has it stainless steel cars tend to be time machines at around 88 mph, and there is a stainless steel car on sale today for 80k!
1709822498351.png

My future self told me he was leaving his Time Machine for me in his will.
That sentence twisted my brain 🤣

Back