Where is UX 3.0 for the Air?

Holy cow! Got notification about a half hour ago and downloading now. Usually have to wait a week for the new updates - may run out and buy a few Lotto tickets while testing out the new uodate😜
 
Looking forward to it

Is this purely a infotech update? Did they add any features to the hands free drive assist with DDPro?
 
I was invited to the reveal event 10days ago and was under nda until this afternoon. I got the update yesterday but couldn’t post about it!

I think it’s a fantastic update , UX focused of course, and it really will help even the playing field for Air owners in future OTAs , as much as hardware limitations will allow.

The UI is very similar to our Gravity. But folks here are already pointing out some differences and limitations.

Here is my quick takeaway of highlights.

1) having Air, Gravity and eventually Cosmos on the same software stack is going to help Lucid achieve its goals as a company. So glad this has happened. The independent screen functionality is something I use in our Gravity everyday, and now on our Air!

2) the screen - is SO MUCH BETTER - way snappier and responsive than before. Smoother than our Gravity! And as smooth as Tesla is today.

3) cameras don’t lag! No stuttering video when parking. It’s smooth and very easy to park in tight spots quickly. Before you had to inch forward because the camera was so delayed.

4) sentry mode - not coming to Air anytime soon. Maybe never. Either a storage or a Compute limitation. :(

5) PAAK - many have noted that Air PAAK is not great. There can be significant delays still while the car wakes up. Long convo with design team and feature team about why - the obsession with range efficiency was the answer. The rapid deep sleep mode of Lucid helps eliminate vampire drain that other EVs (ie Lucid and Rivian) suffer from. But the cost of that efficiency is that PAAK suffers. I suggested they make that an optional feature for parking at an airport maybe, and otherwise keep a low level wake state to make sure PAAK is immediate. - they seemed open to it. Not sure if UWB will overcome this. Anyone know?

6) some speculation here: adding hands on DA for DD Premium is possible but not yet planned. it’s apparently actually being discussed as a roadmap item, but there was no commitment. It’s software and not hardware related. Bandwidth of team and prioritization may be one limitation.

I believe this is a dramatic step forward. For Air owners, we won’t be left as far behind Gravity and Cosmos if Air is on the same stack. It will be designed and built for all their models , according to the team I spoke to.

Enjoy the update all, it’s great.
 
Last edited:
I was invited to the reveal event 10days ago and was under nda until this afternoon. I got the update yesterday but couldn’t post about it!

I think it’s a fantastic update , UX focused of course, and it really will help even the playing field for Air owners in future OTAs , as much as hardware limitations will allow.

The UI is very similar to our Gravity. But folks here are already pointing out some differences and limitations.

Here is my quick takeaway of highlights.

1) having Air, Gravity and eventually Cosmos on the same software stack is going to help Lucid achieve its goals as a company. So glad this has happened. The independent screen functionality is something I use in our Gravity everyday, and now on our Air!

2) the screen - is SO MUCH BETTER - way snappier and responsive than before. Smoother than our Gravity! And as smooth as Tesla is today.

3) cameras don’t lag! No stuttering video when parking. It’s smooth and very easy to park in tight spots quickly. Before you had to inch forward because the camera was so delayed.

4) sentry mode - not coming to Air anytime soon. Maybe never. Either a storage or a Compute limitation. :(

5) PAAK - many have noted that Air PAAK is not great. There can be significant delays still while the car wakes up. Long convo with design team and feature team about why - the obsession with range efficiency was the answer. The rapid deep sleep mode of Lucid helps eliminate vampire drain that other EVs (ie Lucid and Rivian) suffer from. But the cost of that efficiency is that PAAK suffers. I suggested they make that an optional feature for parking at an airport maybe, and otherwise keep a low level wake state to make sure PAAK is immediate. - they seemed open to it. Not sure if UWB will overcome this. Anyone know?

6) some speculation here: adding hands on DA for DD Premium is possible but not yet planned. it’s apparently actually being discussed as a roadmap item, but there was no commitment. It’s software and not hardware related. Bandwidth of team and prioritization may be one limitation.

I believe this is a dramatic step forward. For Air owners, we won’t be left as far behind Gravity and Cosmos if Air is on the same stack. It will be designed and built for all their models , according to the team I spoke to.

Enjoy the update all, it’s great.
Awesome info, thanks for sharing! In regards to 6, that seems to be the opposite of what others have heard from Lucid, that it's a hardware and not software limitation. It would be pretty awesome if they could get it on the roadmap.

For 5, well, I dunno. It seems like they made the wrong choice on this one. Having a functional PaaK is something I think a lot of people expect. How much drain could it really cost? Perhaps there's some limitations on what they are able to turn on and off.

4. If not sentry, then maybe just regular dashcam functionality? Or maybe they could take a different approach, hire and work with a company to design a 3rd party solution that integrates with the car. Customers could pay for the extra upgrade.
 
Awesome info, thanks for sharing! In regards to 6, that seems to be the opposite of what others have heard from Lucid, that it's a hardware and not software limitation. It would be pretty awesome if they could get it on the roadmap.

For 5, well, I dunno. It seems like they made the wrong choice on this one. Having a functional PaaK is something I think a lot of people expect. How much drain could it really cost? Perhaps there's some limitations on what they are able to turn on and off.

4. If not sentry, then maybe just regular dashcam functionality? Or maybe they could take a different approach, hire and work with a company to design a 3rd party solution that integrates with the car. Customers could pay for the extra upgrade.
6) definitely Hands-free DA is a hardware limitation for DD premium . But hands-on DA, from what I read and heard, is possible with the cameras DD Premium Airs have. But in either case, there were no promises for this made by the Lucid team that day.

5) yeah, I agree most of us would have probably been ok with some drain if PAAK was immediate. They were laser-focused on efficiency of the EV but not efficiency of driver entry!

4) yeah, it seems like the car is otherwise capable so I hope there is some way to get it to work.
 
I tried with a similar prompt to what an engineer showed me on the demo day. It is not the new assistant.
A shame...people tell me she's a real go-getter 😅

But now for something useful, let me remind people about Bobby's website - https://www.lucidupdates.com/index.html

It gives a listing of all the Lucid updates (including 2.11.0), the release summary and release notes. It's helpful for all those wondering what new features the update provides.
 
I was invited to the reveal event 10days ago and was under nda until this afternoon. I got the update yesterday but couldn’t post about it!

I think it’s a fantastic update , UX focused of course, and it really will help even the playing field for Air owners in future OTAs , as much as hardware limitations will allow.

The UI is very similar to our Gravity. But folks here are already pointing out some differences and limitations.

Here is my quick takeaway of highlights.

1) having Air, Gravity and eventually Cosmos on the same software stack is going to help Lucid achieve its goals as a company. So glad this has happened. The independent screen functionality is something I use in our Gravity everyday, and now on our Air!

2) the screen - is SO MUCH BETTER - way snappier and responsive than before. Smoother than our Gravity! And as smooth as Tesla is today.

3) cameras don’t lag! No stuttering video when parking. It’s smooth and very easy to park in tight spots quickly. Before you had to inch forward because the camera was so delayed.

4) sentry mode - not coming to Air anytime soon. Maybe never. Either a storage or a Compute limitation. :(

5) PAAK - many have noted that Air PAAK is not great. There can be significant delays still while the car wakes up. Long convo with design team and feature team about why - the obsession with range efficiency was the answer. The rapid deep sleep mode of Lucid helps eliminate vampire drain that other EVs (ie Lucid and Rivian) suffer from. But the cost of that efficiency is that PAAK suffers. I suggested they make that an optional feature for parking at an airport maybe, and otherwise keep a low level wake state to make sure PAAK is immediate. - they seemed open to it. Not sure if UWB will overcome this. Anyone know?

6) some speculation here: adding hands on DA for DD Premium is possible but not yet planned. it’s apparently actually being discussed as a roadmap item, but there was no commitment. It’s software and not hardware related. Bandwidth of team and prioritization may be one limitation.

I believe this is a dramatic step forward. For Air owners, we won’t be left as far behind Gravity and Cosmos if Air is on the same stack. It will be designed and built for all their models , according to the team I spoke to.

Enjoy the update all, it’s great.

Ugh, I started this whole thread and I still haven't got the update I can't wait LOL. I'm so glad you asked about hand on drive assist for DD Premium. I got DD Premium thinking that was what it had and was devastated when I realized it didn't. My Tesla came with it standard and even my daughter's Hyundai Santa Fe has it. They have to enable it. Every luxury car and now some entry level cars come with that standard and we actually paid extra for DD Premium!!! Anyway, impatiently waiting for my update!!!! Lucid - please send me the update and add hand on drive assist for your DD Premium buyers!!!
 
I was invited to the reveal event 10days ago and was under nda until this afternoon. I got the update yesterday but couldn’t post about it!

I think it’s a fantastic update , UX focused of course, and it really will help even the playing field for Air owners in future OTAs , as much as hardware limitations will allow.

The UI is very similar to our Gravity. But folks here are already pointing out some differences and limitations.

Here is my quick takeaway of highlights.

1) having Air, Gravity and eventually Cosmos on the same software stack is going to help Lucid achieve its goals as a company. So glad this has happened. The independent screen functionality is something I use in our Gravity everyday, and now on our Air!

2) the screen - is SO MUCH BETTER - way snappier and responsive than before. Smoother than our Gravity! And as smooth as Tesla is today.

3) cameras don’t lag! No stuttering video when parking. It’s smooth and very easy to park in tight spots quickly. Before you had to inch forward because the camera was so delayed.

4) sentry mode - not coming to Air anytime soon. Maybe never. Either a storage or a Compute limitation. :(

5) PAAK - many have noted that Air PAAK is not great. There can be significant delays still while the car wakes up. Long convo with design team and feature team about why - the obsession with range efficiency was the answer. The rapid deep sleep mode of Lucid helps eliminate vampire drain that other EVs (ie Lucid and Rivian) suffer from. But the cost of that efficiency is that PAAK suffers. I suggested they make that an optional feature for parking at an airport maybe, and otherwise keep a low level wake state to make sure PAAK is immediate. - they seemed open to it. Not sure if UWB will overcome this. Anyone know?

6) some speculation here: adding hands on DA for DD Premium is possible but not yet planned. it’s apparently actually being discussed as a roadmap item, but there was no commitment. It’s software and not hardware related. Bandwidth of team and prioritization may be one limitation.

I believe this is a dramatic step forward. For Air owners, we won’t be left as far behind Gravity and Cosmos if Air is on the same stack. It will be designed and built for all their models , according to the team I spoke to.

Enjoy the update all, it’s great.
Wow, they thought a minor improvement in vampire drain that we don’t even realize trumps keys/unlocking that we experience multiple times a day? I would really like to know whose idea this was!
 
Wow, they thought a minor improvement in vampire drain that we don’t even realize trumps keys/unlocking that we experience multiple times a day? I would really like to know whose idea this was!
I wouldn’t say we didn’t realize it. Having owned multiple Teslas, we had to stop leaving our Tesla at sfo for more than 4-5 days. We always worried the drain would be 10-15% or more. Because it happened to us multiple times. That is not a worry at all with Lucid and we appreciate that flexibility.

But the PAAK is not predictable as a result.

I think Lucid should update to make this a selectable setting to save battery when desired, and keep the car awake otherwise somehow for PAAK purposes.
 
PAAK drain is really a tale they tell customers I believe. It broadcast advertisements 24/7 like crazy, maybe three times a second. Now the phone on other hand really cares about battery drain, and all modern platforms enforce it as much as possible. This among other things mean you can't listen to BLE advertisements indefinitely, keeping radio on even for receiving is expensive and there are tricks to listen as much as possible (like you have to take it out of the pocket and shake so accelerometer event wakes your service app and you can initiate another BLE listening). Now how tesla solved this (and how some MCU manufacturers recommend doing it) is the opposite - car always listens (it has much bigger battery even if you only count 12V) and phone broadcasts say once a second - it's much cheaper in terms of energy consumption on the phone side and apparently more reliable to implement. Lucid has a dedicated module responsible for PAAK made by 3rd party and I don't know how much freedom they have in changing the firmware there. On other hands there are some API improvements in android 16 in this area which might make it more reliable even in the current shape so we will see.
 
So let’s hear it…is the camera framerate improved?
The framerate does seem greatly improved, but I wouldn't call it perfectly smooth. It's at least 20 FPS now and much less choppy.

After the update, my car stopped connecting to my Wi-Fi and it errors out when I try to re-add it. I rebooted my Wi-Fi, but it made no difference. I tried to reboot the car, but it looks like the Air logo reboot no longer works and I'd rather not do the brake pedal/steering wheel reboot. Has anybody figured out how to do a "soft" reboot on UX 3.0?
 
Does UX 3.0 for the Air include the dynamic range on the cockpit like the gravity?
 
Back
Top