Where is UX 3.0 for the Air?

does anyone knows what are the features that are going to be in UX3 for air

Or it is just reskinned UX2 ?

I got this feeling it is just reskinned with multitasks and no new concrete features

Thus I’m not very excited

I just hope at some point they add Netflix even though I see a lot of owners against of that

To me it makes sense for long stops and when you are waiting or just chilling in the car
 
does anyone knows what are the features that are going to be in UX3 for air

Or it is just reskinned UX2 ?

I got this feeling it is just reskinned with multitasks and no new concrete features

Thus I’m not very excited

I just hope at some point they add Netflix even though I see a lot of owners against of that

To me it makes sense for long stops and when you are waiting or just chilling in the car
I have a feeling that UX3 on Air will be primarily a reskin. If you look at the Software roadmap for Air, it shows Video Streaming and Productivity Apps for MY 2028 which implies that this will be only for new Model Year 2028 and later cars (not retro to older Airs.). Since the roadmap for Gravity shows those software upgrades by regular time without a Model Year notation, implies those features will be coming to both future and existing Gravities. This also implies that MY2028 may be when the anticipated facelift/hardware upgrades come to Air.
 
I have a feeling that UX3 on Air will be primarily a reskin. If you look at the Software roadmap for Air, it shows Video Streaming and Productivity Apps for MY 2028 which implies that this will be only for new Model Year 2028 and later cars (not retro to older Airs.). Since the roadmap for Gravity shows those software upgrades by regular time without a Model Year notation, implies those features will be coming to both future and existing Gravities. This also implies that MY2028 may be when the anticipated facelift/hardware upgrades come to Air.
I for one am happy with the current UX, but that didn't stop me from upgrading to the CCV2 chip anyway. If they add music selections to the bottom screen, as I think I saw in one of the leaked images, that will be a fine upgrade for me. What is Smart Home Charging?
 
Based on what the lucid people are saying at the Miami location, the frame rate on the cameras is gonna be much better, like closer to gravity, which to me is a huge win. I’ve said this before in other threads here, but when I had my Tesla back in 2020 it reminded me a lot of how their cameras are now in terms of frame rate. Sometime I would say within the year or so after I had my Tesla, they did a major software update and it brought about that Tesla smoothness that they’re sort of known for now, kind of like the Apple smoothness. Have a feeling that’s gonna be a big part of UX 3.0 and why the upgraded chip was needed, among other reasons.
 
I'm excited for the changes, but what I really wish they did is to allow Android Auto / Google Maps to be full screen like the factory nav. Oh well.

(Well, that, and V2H)

Wish there was some sort of beta sign-up. I'd probably do it!
 
I'm excited for the changes, but what I really wish they did is to allow Android Auto / Google Maps to be full screen like the factory nav. Oh well.

(Well, that, and V2H)

Wish there was some sort of beta sign-up. I'd probably do it!
Apple and Android control what goes on what screen. It’s out of Lucid’s hands.
 
I'm excited for the changes, but what I really wish they did is to allow Android Auto / Google Maps to be full screen like the factory nav. Oh well.

(Well, that, and V2H)

Wish there was some sort of beta sign-up. I'd probably do it!
Android Auto will be full screen soon. Like Apple, Android controls this.
 
Chatgpt found me this document from the Investor Day in march about the software roadmap

View attachment 41380

I’m very excited about 3.0. And this roadmap is a tragedy for the Air drivers. It’s going to take two years to add YouTube? And we will get a virtual assistant?
 
Based on what the lucid people are saying at the Miami location, the frame rate on the cameras is gonna be much better, like closer to gravity, which to me is a huge win.
I really hope this is true. Even if this is the only tangible improvement of UX 3.0, it would have been worth the cost of the CCCV2 upgrade to no longer have the rearview camera running at what I'm guessing is 5 - 15 FPS. That choppy video is the worst I've ever seen on any car; even worse than 20+ year old Toyotas.

If they can also make audio selection more intuitive and provide navigation that's not completely useless, that would be a bonus.
 
This is an article from 2022. There's already another forum member using the beta version of the new AA and it fills their screen.
It's important to note that Android Auto will fill the upper screen; Google will not allow Android Auto on the lower (center) screen.
 
Back
Top