Where does Lucid get it's stuff?

Jefferoo

Cars
Touring
Planet Money (I love them!) recently recommended Import Yeti (https://www.importyeti.com/) as a safe place to look up where companies have imported their stuff from. Search for Lucid Motors and you get 387 pages of companies that they get parts/items from. Pretty interesting list. No wonder there have been supply chain issues! After scanning the places and companies that they are using to get parts from I am more impressed than ever by the complexity of our cars. I do wonder what they are buying from Tesla though ... hmmmm.... : )

Planet Money (I love them!) recently recommended Import Yeti (https://www.importyeti.com/) as a safe place to look up where companies have imported their stuff from. Search for Lucid Motors and you get 387 pages of companies that they get parts/items from. Pretty interesting list. No wonder there have been supply chain issues! After scanning the places and companies that they are using to get parts from I am more impressed than ever by the complexity of our cars. I do wonder what they are buying from Tesla though ... hmmmm.... : )

Are you sure that is correct? I think you need to search and then click onto the company you're interested in, in this case Lucid Motors. That shows 1 customer which is Atieva (of course this is Lucid before the name change), but if you click on that you get another list which to me looks more accurate than the 387 pages - and it doesn't show Tesla.

Interesting. When I searched, I used Lucid Motors and 3 companies came up: Lucid Motors, Lucid Motors Gateway, and Lucid Motors Logistics. I assumed that Lucid Motors was the right one and didn't actually click on the other 2 yet. Lots of car companies and suppliers on the Lucid Motors one when I click it. Lots from the USA too which is good.

Lucid Motors Gateway has hundreds of hits and Lucid Motors Logistics has even more. Not sure what is giving you only 1 company.

When I searched for Lucid Motors, Tesla is the 17th company in the list.

But is that not just the list of search results? If you actually click onto Lucid Motors in that list you get more details which shows Ateiva as a customer, if you then click on them you get another list which shows suppliers and product descriptions for those suppliers. For example, it shows LG Chem with a product description showing some battery information.

1676389991709.png

Seems crazy but that number is low in the industry.

Back