Wheel vibration randomly while in dream drive stops when get out of it

Bonanzajohn

Active Member

Joined
Jul 30, 2024
Messages
127
Reaction score
78
Cars
@024 Grand Touring
Has anyone experienced this? Just driving down the road in DD and all of a sudden wheels stat vibrating like I was driving off the road. X out of DD, and it goes away but will happen again in a few minutes
 
Has anyone experienced this? Just driving down the road in DD and all of a sudden wheels stat vibrating like I was driving off the road. X out of DD, and it goes away but will happen again in a few minutes
What do you mean it will happen again in a few minutes? You mean if you reengage hands free or?
 
when i reengage and usually after hitting small bump
 
Call service. You may need a new steering rack under warranty.
 
what is that based on? it was in Atlanta for a few weeks and came back worse.
 
what is that based on? it was in Atlanta for a few weeks and came back worse.
Kyle Connor (youtube influencer) experienced something that sounds identical to your issue, and Lucid told him they needed to replace the steering rack. I didn't hear if that was the actual fix to the problem though.

EDIT: oh sorry, Kyle's issue was on a Gravity. I see that your car is an Air.
 
Any updates from anyone on this issue? GT going to the shop friday
 
Any updates from anyone on this issue? GT going to the shop friday
How did your service appointment go? I was curious about this one myself, as I've seen it happen to my Gravity a couple of times. Usually after I go over a slightly rougher patch or hit a small notch in the road.
 
It happens to me every time I drive it and often. However, the shop couldn't duplicate it, so I am in a bind, not knowing what to do next.
Does it go away when you exit DD?
 
Has anyone experienced this? Just driving down the road in DD and all of a sudden wheels stat vibrating like I was driving off the road. X out of DD, and it goes away but will happen again in a few minutes
I have had this issue for several months. I never associated it with DD, but yes, I have encountered the problem while in DD. I have a 2022 Lucid Air Dream Edition no longer under warranty. I sent an email to customer service as a first step asking if they have heard of this issue. Before I sent the email I did an AI search and was told this problem is not rare; others have encountered similar problems.

Customer service never responded to my email until a month later. I called the nearest service center to me, in Coldwater, Michigan. Left a voicemail. No return call for 9 days. Then the service manager returned my call finally, without any apology for his delay (I have had so many bad experiences with that service center that I'd give a 1 star). He'd never heard of this issue. He suggested a first step is to take my car to a tire place. But I know unbalanced tires and the symptoms; this was not a balancing problem.

Then a few weeks ago it seemed the problem went away on its own. Could Lucid maybe sent an OTA update to fix the issue? I thought that unlikely, but if it was related to DD, then it is possible that an OTA update fixed this! If yes, why did they not tell me. Why not send the to all Lucid owners? Why was the Michigan service manager not aware of the issue? All of this incompetance and lack of anwering my emails and calls leads me to continue wishing I could sell my car at a value that is fair ($60,000). I took it to CarMax and was lowballed $46,000. At that price I'll just drive it into the ground. When it works, it remains a true joy to drive.
 
It didn’t happen to me the first few weeks after I took delivery. But it started just a few days ago, and now it seems to happen whenever the road is a bit rough for a patch. The wheel begins to vibrate as if I was drifting out of the lane. And then it stops after a few seconds. Or in a few cases, keeps going until I take it out of Dream Drive. If I engage Dream Drive again, it’s back to being smooth. Until I hit another small bump, or the road is not perfectly smooth.
 
It didn’t happen to me the first few weeks after I took delivery. But it started just a few days ago, and now it seems to happen whenever the road is a bit rough for a patch. The wheel begins to vibrate as if I was drifting out of the lane. And then it stops after a few seconds. Or in a few cases, keeps going until I take it out of Dream Drive. If I engage Dream Drive again, it’s back to being smooth. Until I hit another small bump, or the road is not perfectly smooth.
Same as the Gravity on Out of Spec right? The first one
 
joec
your experience same as mine, but mine has been going for months

socktucker
out of spec? is that a youtube?
They had the same problem? got a link so i can send it to service?
 
Out of spec did mention it briefly on their video where they picked up the current long-term loaner. They haven't mentioned it happening again since.

Their videos go on for hours, so it's hard to find the exact spot. But it does sound like the same symptom you and I are having.
 
Back
Top