What am I missing about AutoPark?

azguy

Active Member

Joined
Aug 9, 2025
Messages
201
Reaction score
259
Location
Tucson, Arizona
Cars
Lucid Air GT
Just started experimenting with AutoPark. One of the quirks I notice is that it passes a lot of empty parking spaces but has a preference to park between 2 cars. That's the last place I'd like to park given a choice. I'd like to be away from other cars when possible.

But when it AutoParks, and when driving slowly it never sees a space when there are multiple spaces there. My Model S and the other Teslas, without all the fancy sensors finds any open space and goes for it. Doesn't matter if there are other cars around or not.

Now when my Lucid parks, it parks just fine between cars, but it's not my preference. Is there some setting I'm not seeing that will make the car more likely to park in nice uncrowded spaces? I'd rather avoid door dings.

Thanks
 
I never use auto park but I think I’ve seen conversations on the forums that mention the preference of the system to park next to another car (as opposed to just using parking lines on pavement)?
 
I never use auto park but I think I’ve seen conversations on the forums that mention the preference of the system to park next to another car (as opposed to just using parking lines on pavement)?
If true, that's a really inferior design. Hope they will make some revisions.
 
Sad but true… Autopark info from the owner’s manual. I never use it.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8948.webp
    IMG_8948.webp
    168.2 KB · Views: 278
Wow, not very sophisticated considering all the onboard sensors... hopefully it will improve.
Thanks
 
Yeah that’s weak. I didn’t really that empty spots thing was an actual thing. I’ve also had to legit intervene more than once. I don’t have the confidence in it like I did in my Tesla. At least not yet.
 
DD2 Pro is designed to identify areas delineated by lines only. I have not been able to get this to work, however.

1763241157795.webp
 
DD2 Pro is designed to identify areas delineated by lines only. I have not been able to get this to work, however.

View attachment 34324
It’s pretty useless. Takes way too long to identify a spot, quicker to do it yourself.
 
I got it work the other day!!! It worked well, except it took forever and kept reparking itself to move a foot or so over. But it did work.
 
The Air's autopark is slightly better than the uber crappy autopark in my Audi. Personally, I couldn't care less about this feature.
 
Back
Top