What’s wrong with your Lucid today?

I don't think anyone is trying to shut down your experience. You asked "What's wrong with YOUR Lucid?" And they are telling you. Nothing.

That's valuable information. It means not everyone is experiencing the same issues as you.
This^^^
 
Today, my '25 AT is in for service. This is the second time Lucid has reached out to me to address a proactive alert relating to the battery cooling system. So I'm not going to say my vehicle is problem-free, but I'm quite impressed by the way Lucid has handled the single major issue I've encountered. I'd 100% rather be minorly inconvenienced on my own terms than left stranded unexpectedly somewhere with a failed coolant pump.

Recent minor issues I've encountered include:
  • Sound system QC issue, rattling bass
  • Software sound issue, complete audio cutout - in my experience this is mostly addressed in update 2.6
  • Door locking system, unfortunately Lucid has acknowledged this is a design flaw due to the vendor they'd chosen for this system
These have all been discussed at length around here.
 
I’m running CarPlay, not Android Auto. The mute thing still happens for me even with daily soft reset, plus the music stops even without CarPlay connected. I’ve had it cut out on Bluetooth and even on the built-in Spotify app. I get the cell antenna idea and will have them look at that. Thank you for the idea, truly appreciated.
Normally, I’d say audio just plain stopping would be a connection issue. It buffers the file as it streams, and if it loses connection, it just plain stops when it runs out of buffer. But you are experiencing this on both the native car apps and in CarPlay. So that would mean both your phone AND the car are losing connection. Plus the microphone drops, which sounds like a deeper connection issue.

Are you in a remote place where you often lose cell phone signal? I know a lot of us live in places with poor reception.

When you get these dropouts, have you noticed if the signal bars from CarPlay or the car itself are showing 1 or 0 bars?

And when the audio drops for the media you are listening to, do you lose other sounds as well? Some of us have experienced the total audio loss bug, where even turn signals, alerts, etc all end up silent.

The other thing with CarPlay is that now you have an extra variable: the phone itself. Apple has been known to have issues with connection in recent versions of CarPlay. For some users in certain places. So it could be the phone, not the car, at least in those instances.

I know you reboot the car a lot. Have you rebooted your phone recently? Just a suggestion.
 
Nothing is wrong with my Lucid today. It charged perfectly last night in my garage as scheduled. Will give me a nice transport to the gym in a couple of hours.
 
Where should I start?
  1. My Lucid is still sitting on the Service Center Lot without being worked on daily.
  2. My Front Passenger Side Woofer is still blown and the Tech working on it FAILED to test it while HE DISASSEMBLED THE ENTIRE A Pillar to upgrade my CCCv1 to CCCv2. Instead they just put back the panels together and ignored any thoughts of validating / testing the Front Passenger Side Woofer.
  3. Still advocating that the Rear Bow on my car is a defect from factory vs some outside forced scratched it and meticulously touched up / repainted it.
  4. Awaiting my New Rear Upper Valence Upper to be installed on the car via replacing the old one. The old one was defective with a loose screw which caused internal splitting.
  5. My advisor was out and no one followed up on this work with me when the car was to be scheduled to be done yesterday 8/12/2025.
  6. I am awaiting a new ETA date for my vehicle to be done.
    • I scheduled other appointments for the car around the original release date and will miss them tomorrow / Friday.
  7. I am eagerly trying to use my new third party Tesla/NACS Adapter from Amazon because it looks so cool. Yes it's certified with multiple ratings. IT's not Lucid proprietary.
  8. I want my car back so I can finally experience the Hand Free Driving on 2.8.0 with the newly updated CCCv2 and let it drive me Monterey car week! I would also like to leave my electron dust at almost every Ferrari, Lamborghini, and McLaren on the highway that is revving at me.
  9. My Loaner is a Hyundai Elantra Hybrid from Enterprise (At least it has ventilated-seats). I want a Lucid Air Loaner but they have none :(.
 
Well, it’s been months since I posted, but I will tell you all the problems I have with my software still exist. Spotify, phone app, car entry, charging car, I can keep going. I have spoken with several other Lucid owners who have all the same issues. The car company is a joke. They should do me a favor and let me walk away from this lease. I’ll be one less person complaining about this junky car.
 
Last edited:
My '23 Air GT needs to get detailed after a dirty stretch of winter. Otherwise, all good! 👍
 
2025 Air Touring, essentially problem free. Minor hiccup occasionally, but nothing to really complain about.
 
26 Air back in the shop for door handles, roof, software issue, suspension clunk, weather strip fell off, idk few other things.
 
Only items so far:

1) Windshield wipers were not torqued correctly and scratched the underside of the hood and the arm after they came loose from snow and ice. They won't do anything about it and I am not paying the ransom for a paint pen they offer on their site. Going to follow-up next service call for other items.
2) One front air dam by the wheel got ripped off. I removed the other so i would lose it. Have to order some extras and the plugs.
3) Notice there is a front wheel well trim piece that has come lose. Looks like it is double-sided taped on but I need better weather to inspect.
4) The exterior trunk release button froze up during the intense cold last month. The button would not depress. Somehow water got into the trunk above the license plate I guess. I am sure because it is no longer repeatable, they won't do anything about it.

Software has some glitches but nothing that has been major. On that front, can they not just blow away the software and reinstall from scratch? Do that to PC's, tablets, phones, etc when there are unsolvable problems. I think we had that done on a Model S quite some time ago.
 
Well, it’s been months since I posted, but I will tell you all the problems I have with my software still exist. Spotify, phone app, car entry, charging car, I can keep going. I have spoken with several other Lucid owners who have all the same issues. The car company is a joke. They should do me a favor and let me walk away from this lease. I’ll be one less person complaining about this junky car.
Look on the bright side, you’re leasing, so when it’s up you can just walk away from it and Lucid for good.
 
Only items so far:

1) Windshield wipers were not torqued correctly and scratched the underside of the hood and the arm after they came loose from snow and ice. They won't do anything about it and I am not paying the ransom for a paint pen they offer on their site. Going to follow-up next service call for other items.
2) One front air dam by the wheel got ripped off. I removed the other so i would lose it. Have to order some extras and the plugs.
3) Notice there is a front wheel well trim piece that has come lose. Looks like it is double-sided taped on but I need better weather to inspect.
4) The exterior trunk release button froze up during the intense cold last month. The button would not depress. Somehow water got into the trunk above the license plate I guess. I am sure because it is no longer repeatable, they won't do anything about it.

Software has some glitches but nothing that has been major. On that front, can they not just blow away the software and reinstall from scratch? Do that to PC's, tablets, phones, etc when there are unsolvable problems. I think we had that done on a Model S quite some time ago.
They have already tried your suggestion. I do appreciate the feedback. Thank you.
 
Look on the bright side, you’re leasing, so when it’s up you can just walk away from it and Lucid for good.
Yes I agree, the bummer is I have 2 more years of suffering. Thank you for the feedback.
 
I’ve never been more disappointed with a vehicle than I have with my Lucid air. So I thought I would start a post where I can let everyone know and I can find out if these are common issues with others! What their issue is for the day with their Lucid air. Today was a new day for me with respect to errors. I got the normal error of somebody couldn’t hear me on the microphone during a phone call like it was muted. But I usually have that one almost every day. The new one I had today wasn’t the keys, not opening the door. Wasn’t the app freezing. Wasn’t that the charger wouldn’t be recognized. Wasn’t that a camera was didn’t work. But it was that my wipers were not working. What was wrong with your Lucid air today?
Nothing is wrong with my Lucid Air Pure today.
 
Nothing wrong with my 2025 Air Pure today, or any other day in the 10 months I have owned it. It’s been perfect. Also nothing wrong with my 2026 Gravity GT today, or in the 2 1/2 months that I’ve owned it. Both cars are spectacular and by far the best vehicles I’ve ever owned. In the past five years I have owned two Rivian trucks, one Rivian SUV, a Tesla model X and a Tesla model Y. The Lucid's blow all of them away.
 
That’s great news. I’m really happy for you. Thank you for sharing. I wish I had the same sentiments.
 
Back
Top