We are currently experiencing issues with our phone systems

marqie

(they/them)
LUCID Team Member

LUCID Official
Joined
Nov 22, 2021
Messages
962
Reaction score
3,950
Location
Newark, CA
Hi, everyone.

We are currently experiencing unexpected technical issues that may affect some of our services, including Customer Care and Service. Our team is working to resolve this as quickly as possible. We appreciate your patience. We will let you know once the issues are fully resolved.

Marqie
 
Our newest Gravity pretty much bricked itself today away from home, and I couldn't reach either central Customer Care or the Miami Service Center.

But, yeah, no worries. We might soon be ridding ourselves of the two Gravity Dreams we bought.
 
Our newest Gravity pretty much bricked itself today away from home, and I couldn't reach either central Customer Care or the Miami Service Center.

But, yeah, no worries. We might soon be ridding ourselves of the two Gravity Dreams we bought.
I get your frustration. Being stranded on the road in a new car has got to be infuriating...and that it might seem that the only card you have left to play is publicly threatening to hit the escape button on your expensive Lucid purchase(s) some place where that might hit a nerve (like on a forum with a company rep)...

But this one really isn't on Lucid and they are as captive to it as (for instance) my company's database. A major chunk of the internet infrastructure has gone sideways today...
 
Our newest Gravity pretty much bricked itself today away from home, and I couldn't reach either central Customer Care or the Miami Service Center.

But, yeah, no worries. We might soon be ridding ourselves of the two Gravity Dreams we bought.
Lucid was not alone in the outage today. The AWS outage hit a huge swath of the internet.
 
Lucid was not alone in the outage today. The AWS outage hit a huge swath of the internet.

I know that. But it doesn't make this a better day when it comes to trying to resist the urge to set your car on fire or drive it into a canal.
 
I know that. But it doesn't make this a better day when it comes to trying to resist the urge to set your car on fire or drive it into a canal.
Oh, agreed. But just separating the rage from what is and isn’t on Lucid.

Some rage should be directed at Amazon :p and some at the entire world for allowing core internet infrastructure to be put in the hands of just a handful of companies ugh
 
Our newest Gravity pretty much bricked itself today away from home, and I couldn't reach either central Customer Care or the Miami Service Center.

But, yeah, no worries. We might soon be ridding ourselves of the two Gravity Dreams we bought.
I sympathize with you @hmp10 . 🤦🏾‍♂️
 
I get your frustration. Being stranded on the road in a new car has got to be infuriating...and that it might seem that the only card you have left to play is publicly threatening to hit the escape button on your expensive Lucid purchase(s) some place where that might hit a nerve (like on a forum with a company rep)...

But this one really isn't on Lucid and they are as captive to it as (for instance) my company's database. A major chunk of the internet infrastructure has gone sideways today...
Did the internet issue have anything to do with their Gravity stopping? I see the frustration but not how one is related to the other.
 
Was the Lucid App (iOS) impacted by the AWS outage? I dropped my Gravity off at the detailer (50 miles away) this morning and am only getting "Vehicle Offline" in the app. I can't tell is this is AWS related, the detailer did something, or something went wrong with Gravity. The detailer is not in a cellular black hole.
 
Seems pretty clear to me that Gravity uses AWS for its web services. Relying on the web to start your car doesn't seem like a good approach and I'm pretty(somewhat, maybe) sure that Lucid doesn't do that.

However, authenticating a valid user and not a thief(hacker, etc) is something one would do 1st when rebooting the cars computers. The software engineers may have thought "what's the chance of a Gravity needing to authenticate and the AWS server going down at the same time?" Of course they weren't expecting every user to be constantly rebooting their cars.
 
I know that. But it doesn't make this a better day when it comes to trying to resist the urge to set your car on fire or drive it into a canal.
Yeah, a good reason to wait a year or two before you buy one. My Air was already a year into production. No major issues.

Again, there always such instances with every manufacturer, a bad apple gets delivered. Sorry that you got one from Lucid. I’d be pissed as well if I was in your shoes. But rest assured, Lucid will do you right.
 
Did the internet issue have anything to do with their Gravity stopping? I see the frustration but not how one is related to the other.
Their Gravity didn't stop. There were two issues:
1) their keyfob was unrecognized (my guess, anyway, as to why the car didn't turn on, the alarm went off, etc.)
2) AWS was down which meant Lucid' phone systems (and much of the internet) was down, adding insult to injury (but caused externally)
 
Back
Top