Virginia Mileage Choice Program

normmiller21@gma

Cars
Lucid Air 2023
I tried to enroll in the Virginia Mileage Choice program because that reduces the $250 tax on non gas powered cars by monitoring mileage. Unfortunately, Lucid does not have an OBD port and has not made an agreement with Mileage Choice to transmit odometer readings. My prior Tesla reported directly to Mileage Choice through a third party and I was able to participate. I called mileage choice and they had encountered this problem with Lucid. I called Lucid customer service and they refused to do anything about the problem. This will be a concern for any vehicle with Virginia plates and Lucid should do something about this or stop selling in Virginia.

Well that's quite an overreaction. As a fellow Virginian, I don't care. The state should consider not relying on installing a tracking device that reports to a foreign company. I doubt Lucid "refused" to do anything about the problem, but it's a niche concern and the program smells of government-supported scam. It is not reasonable to expect integrating with this random company that few people care about to be a priority for Lucid.

Stop selling? As fellow VA resident I don’t want some random company track my where about and miles.

Totally agree on not letting some random company tracking the miles. Will they be tracking whereabouts?

Back