Vanity mirrors

Hopefully will have the passenger vanity fixed when my car goes to the SC (for the recall) later this month.

Also noticed a trim piece peeling off in the trunk (actually it was noticed by friends while I was showing them the car .. ugh) .. anyone else have these peel off? (will tack it on to the list for Service)

Attachments

• IMG_7909.jpeg
    IMG_7909.jpeg
    388.8 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_7910.jpeg
    IMG_7910.jpeg
    635.9 KB · Views: 83
Hopefully will have the passenger vanity fixed when my car goes to the SC (for the recall) later this month.

Also noticed a trim piece peeling off in the trunk (actually it was noticed by friends while I was showing them the car .. ugh) .. anyone else have these peel off? (will tack it on to the list for Service)

I’ve had the whole black plastic trim piece fall off before. Mobile service came and reattached it for me. That was several months ago.

How do you turn on the lights in both vanity mirrors? I only noticed the flaps and lights during our most recent road trip, when I was charging in plus 100 degree F weather, at a slow, surging, underperforming and pretty disappointing EA DC fastcharging station, and I was bored, and had nothing to do.

My visors won’t stay pinned up, and the lights beside both vanity mirrors don’t light up either.

Also, during our road trip, the passenger side rear door “stopped working”. Pull on the handle and the door would NOT open. Pull on it again, still it wouldn’t open. We could only open that door by reaching across and opening it from the inside. Curiously, now that my car is back home in a more friendly climate, the sticking door problem has not recurred. Perhaps it was the excessive heat of the the Mojave Desert and Las Vegas, and southwestern Utah.

My vanity mirror lights have never worked; I only learned recently (elsewhere on this forum) that they need batteries. Now that I have the car back, I'll change them.

My vanity mirror lights have never worked; I only learned recently (elsewhere on this forum) that they need batteries. Now that I have the car back, I'll change them.

Oh. How does one do that, and with what? Is there guidance in the Owners Manual about this?

Got the car back from Lucid SC .. vanity mirror flap on passenger side now works !!

…Also noticed a trim piece peeling off in the trunk (actually it was noticed by friends while I was showing them the car .. ugh) .. anyone else have these peel off? (will tack it on to the list for Service)
Yes, I had the very same issue several months ago…noticed it when Mobile Tech Service was fixing something else. He just pressed it back down (which I was going to do, but since he was there, thought I’d have him look at it first). Have not had any issue since. Hopefully your experience will be similar.

When I first got the car, it didn't stick, but after folding it and holding it like that, the grooves set in, I think it needed to be 'broken in', now it sticks fine.

I did push it down, but it popped back up. Service said they looked at it, but when I went to take the old tires out of the trunk, it seemed as if the trim was still up a bit (more tacky though, so they probably added some adhesive). I'll keep an eye on it.

I have the trunk trim lifting issue now too, will service replace these ?

I have the trunk trim lifting issue now too, will service replace these ?
When I got the car back, it appears that they re-glued it (not replaced) .. just got back home .. will check it later to see if it's lifting again.

When I got the car back, it appears that they re-glued it (not replaced) .. just got back home .. will check it later to see if it's lifting again.
Sometimes it just needs to be reheated with a heat gun and then readhered. That's what they did to mine and it's very snug now

Sometimes it just needs to be reheated with a heat gun and then readhered. That's what they did to mine and it's very snug now
Not sure how they fixed it at the SC, but I just checked and it's better than before, but still lifting (I just continue to push it down and it stays down for a while).

Attachments

• IMG_8301.jpeg
    IMG_8301.jpeg
    157.1 KB · Views: 38
Not sure how they fixed it at the SC, but I just checked and it's better than before, but still lifting (I just continue to push it down and it stays down for a while).
That piece of mine in your photo was completely replaced.

But carpets and other stuff was redone with heat gun

Back