Vacation worries about Battery Protection

Sameer

Cars
Lucid Air
I recently came back from a 4 week vacation and left my Touring (2700 miles) charged to about 380 miles before leaving.
Kept checking on the battery status via the app every week. It lost about 100 miles during the 4 week break but was ready to go after I came back.
Vehicle was parked in a covered garage with temperatures ranging between 55 and 80 F.
Did not attach any trickle craving device, etc.

I could see that. Mine tends to lose a few miles overnight. And you left it for four weeks, so that would add up to about 100.

I recently came back from a 4 week vacation and left my Touring (2700 miles) charged to about 380 miles before leaving.
Kept checking on the battery status via the app every week. It lost about 100 miles during the 4 week break but was ready to go after I came back.
Vehicle was parked in a covered garage with temperatures ranging between 55 and 80 F.
Checking the battery status in and of itself is reducing the charge. Just leave the car alone. Turn off passive unlocking. It should lose only a tiny bit each day.

This seems high. I typically lose about 0.25% SOC per day or 1 mile per day. Your loss is about 4x that. I suspect waking the car up regularly with app is draining more energy from the battery.

Checking the battery status in and of itself is reducing the charge. Just leave the car alone. Turn off passive unlocking. It should lose only a tiny bit each day.
I just finished week 2 of a 5 week vacation here in Palm Desert Ca.

I charged my car to 82% and did not leave it plugged in.

The temperature in Portland has been in the teens, though I suspect my garage was probably in the low 40's or 30's or possibly even lower since I lost power to my house for several days.

In fact my neighbor had to move my car outside and then put it back in the garage while the heating repairmen fixed my furnace.

I just checked it today for the first after 2 weeks and the battery charge is 80%.

I don't see why some on this forum have recommended to keep the Air plugged in while going on vacation.

The loss seems minuscule, (82% to 80%) even with the car being moved after 2 weeks, so why keep it plugged in?

I just finished week 2 of a 5 week vacation here in Palm Desert Ca.

I charged my car to 82% and did not leave it plugged in.

The temperature in Portland has been in the teens, though I suspect my garage was probably in the low 40's or 30's or possibly even lower since I lost power to my house for several days.

In fact my neighbor had to move my car outside and then put it back in the garage while the heating repairmen fixed my furnace.

I just checked it today for the first after 2 weeks and the battery charge is 80%.

I don't see why some on this forum have recommended to keep the Air plugged in while going on vacation.

The loss seems minuscule, (82% to 80%) even with the car being moved after 2 weeks, so why keep it plugged in?
Protect the battery from the freezing temps?

Back