UX 3.0 Update

Gotta love it! I am leasing a 2024 Air Pure until July 2027 and accordingly I do not get the UX 3.0 unless I pay the $950.00 plus applicable taxes for the hardware upgrade too (eventually). This strengthens my conviction that leasing is better than buying at this point as you don't want to get stuck with old technology and that will especially be true when SSB come into production or they up the 100% EPA range new. So I am definitely not going to pay the $$ to get the UX 3.0, what I got is fine and since I don't know what 3.0 will get me it is only cocktail bragging talk at the next party. "Oh I have the UX 3.0 on my Lucid." Wahoo! So I wonder how that works for Lucid. Now you have 2022-2024 leases that people probably will not pay the $$ for the hardware for 3.0 so they have to eat the hardware cost to sell the car down the road? Or do they make me (dare I say this) pay to do the hardware upgrade?
Yeah it's a bit like trying to build a computer before a new chipset comes out. I like to keep my cars until the wheels come off so any optional upgrade path is great if it's offered. Makes the car a bit newer as this OTA did. If it turns out that CCv2 or the current hardware can't utilize the cameras to record while parked or driving and there is an option to upgrade I might have to jump on that too. Cheaper than buying another new car I figure, though a Gravity would be really nice to have. Just don't start charging to me to turn on my heated seats or the A/C. :p
 
Took about ~35 min to install.
Sorry for the bad lighting.

1790718640563.webp



1790718695517.webp



1790718695030.webp



1790718695050.webp


1790718710381.webp


1790718723447.webp


1790718733398.webp

1790718744774.webp


1790718755879.webp
 

Attachments

  • 1790718682947.webp
    1790718682947.webp
    254.5 KB · Views: 4
hmm time will tell if this is worth the $950.. once the "new toy" feel wears off, would be great to get a sense for if this actually enables anything new in terms of new capability. pitting the pilot panel to better use is one, but thats not gonna be enough for me ;)
Same here. It’s a good update, but not seeing $1K of value here. I use CarPlay 100%of the time. Hopefully additional improvements will trigger me to get the CCCV2 upgrade.
 
hmm time will tell if this is worth the $950.. once the "new toy" feel wears off, would be great to get a sense for if this actually enables anything new in terms of new capability. pitting the pilot panel to better use is one, but thats not gonna be enough for me ;)
Baby steps. My understanding from speaking to one of the guys from the Software team at Monterey Car Week was that features seen in the Gravity would be rolled out over time which given Lucid's software woes of the past is probably the right approach. Launching a new UX with a bunch of new features day 1 could be a nightmare to deal with if unknown bugs \ stability started popping up. I do think its a good refresh, once using the Gravity UI and jumping back into an Air you did see how outdated it had become so its good to see the Air getting some love with this update to align it more with the Gravity UX\UI

Would be nice if Lucid could share a roadmap of intended features to be added in the next 6 to 8 months to Air owners though.
 
Back
Top