Using Spotify through Alexa?

austinlucid

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air GT
I've seen other people have gotten Spotify to play through Alexa, but when I say "Turn on Spotify" Alexa says "To use Spotify, you'll need to download it or upgrade your app when it is safe to do so". Note previously it said I had to link my Spotify account to Alexa, which I've already done through the Alexa app on my Android phone. Any advice?

I had this happen once, logging out and back into Alexa cleared it for me.

I've seen other people have gotten Spotify to play through Alexa, but when I say "Turn on Spotify" Alexa says "To use Spotify, you'll need to download it or upgrade your app when it is safe to do so". Note previously it said I had to link my Spotify account to Alexa, which I've already done through the Alexa app on my Android phone. Any advice?
Once you link Spotify to your Alexa account you can choose to make it your primary source of music in the Alexa app, then you just have to say "Alexa play XYZ song." If you choose not to have it be your primary music source you can always say "Alexa play XYZ song on Spotify."

Both these work and are playing the song via Spotify through Alexa, it is not using the Spotify app built into the car.

Not sure if you can control the actual app via Alexa or have to use it manually.

I'm having the same problem with Alexa and Spotify. It worked for me without issue until the version 2 UX upgrade. I've tried unlinking and relinking my Spotify account in the Alexa app, and I've tried logging out of and back into Alexa on my Lucid, but the problem persists. Thoughts?

I'm having the same problem with Alexa and Spotify. It worked for me without issue until the version 2 UX upgrade. I've tried unlinking and relinking my Spotify account in the Alexa app, and I've tried logging out of and back into Alexa on my Lucid, but the problem persists. Thoughts?
Same, I can't get Alexa to play a song through Spotify. Will test some other stuff when I have more time.

I also tried logging out and back into Spotify on my Lucid today, and still the problem persists. I welcome any tips or tricks.

I used to be able to control Spotify perfectly through Alexa for months until the version 2 upgrade rolled out for me in December. Now I only get the error message “To use Spotify, you'll need to download it or upgrade your app when it is safe to do so"

Very painful and would love a solution. My primary Alexa use was to control Spotify, so this is a pretty big step back. Bumping in the hope this can be rolled into an official bug report.

Is a bug for me too and was reported to Lucid engineering in early December as it was found on my car when I picked my car up from major service. None of the people at the service center could fix it so they reported it up the chain. Still no fix unfortunately . . .

Same. Tried multiple different tricks and can’t get Alexa to control Spotify. I find Alexa useless

Is it working for anyone at all even intermittently?

Wondering if this is a Lucid bug or if it's an Alexa bug for which there may be a workaround.

I wonder if this is related to NO Alexa control of SiriusXM?

Back