US News: Gravity 10.0/10 and Air 9.3/10

AZLucidGuy

Active Member

Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2022
Messages
485
Reaction score
705
Location
Paradise Valley, AZ
Cars
Air GT,Tesla,Rivian R1S
Referral Code
DBY6PE1U
While software bugs are plaguing Gravity and Air, even these headwinds are not stopping stellar reviews from the press. Bloggers tend to exaggerate the negative on YouTube for views. Fix the software and there is no stopping Gravity. Software can be fixed and go out over-the-air. Underlying hardware issues cannot. Hopefully Lucid will address the software in 2026.

 
They give the Escalade IQ (MTs SUV of the Year) an 8.2; accurate IMHO.

I love my GGT.
Very few issues, but it's no 10/10.

The rating may sway some buyers doing superficial-to-no research.
One week later and they find this forum and the four-letter barage begins.
 
First off, the 10/10 review of Gravity was dated back in April 2025, so based on the launch event done in April - a couple hours driving around the countryside in pre-prepped vehicle. No long term live with it review. I agree, on paper and with all software working without glitches and promised features delivered (PAAK, Apple AirPlay, etc.) then Gravity is 10/10.

But I also agree that YouTube reviewers are much more likely to lean into hyperbole in their reviews to draw in viewers. Statements like “this is the greatest car on the planet” or “these things are so disappointing” draw in a lot more viewers than “this is a solidly done and well executed car.”

So here is hoping that my Gravity becomes a 10 by a year from now.
 
First off, the 10/10 review of Gravity was dated back in April 2025, so based on the launch event done in April - a couple hours driving around the countryside in pre-prepped vehicle. No long term live with it review. I agree, on paper and with all software working without glitches and promised features delivered (PAAK, Apple AirPlay, etc.) then Gravity is 10/10.

But I also agree that YouTube reviewers are much more likely to lean into hyperbole in their reviews to draw in viewers. Statements like “this is the greatest car on the planet” or “these things are so disappointing” draw in a lot more viewers than “this is a solidly done and well executed car.”

So here is hoping that my Gravity becomes a 10 by a year from now.
I agree with you. The extreme views in either direction are to be discounted. As a happy Air owner, I view Gravity as a fantastic car with immature software, which thankfully can be fixed and applied to early adopters who are already driving a Gravity. I am going to hold off for a while until the software improves, then add a Gravity to our garage in the not-too-distant future -- depending on how quickly Lucid improves the reliability of the software.
 
Back
Top