Update oddities

Gil

Cars
Lucid Air
Having received my vehicle three weeks ago, I began to wonder why I had never gotten a notification about a software update. I was on version 1.2.17, which means I hadn’t got 1.2.185, 1.2.19, 1.2.20, and 1.2.21. (I know this because a customer service representative told me. Is there another way to find this information?)

When I got in touch with customer service, they were able to push the next release (1.2.185). I’d still like the next three. This seems odd. Is there a more automatic process, or do people often have to request updates?

Having received my vehicle three weeks ago, I began to wonder why I had never gotten a notification about a software update. I was on version 1.2.17, which means I hadn’t got 1.2.185, 1.2.19, 1.2.20, and 1.2.21. (I know this because a customer service representative told me. Is there another way to find this information?)

When I got in touch with customer service, they were able to push the next release (1.2.185). I’d still like the next three. This seems odd. Is there a more automatic process, or do people often have to request updates?
Normally it’s automatic. You should talk to service to ensure there are no issues with update pushes to your car.

FWIW my car was delivered 9/27 and I had a similar experience. It was delivered with 1.2.185 and I waited then requested customer care to push 1.2.19 and then later 1.2.20. 1.2.21 came automatically shortly after installing 20.

Mine got delivered on 12th of August with 1.2.9 version. I didn't get any updates for a month. I called customer service to schedule my appointment to fix the delivery time issues in the car. A day after that all my updates happened within 1.5 weeks.

Out of curiosity, where your car is parked overnight can you check the number of bars you have on the LTE and Wi-Fi signals?

No, I have always woken up to the update symbol. If your car doesn't have a good signal overnight that could explain the lack of update. Just an idea.

Out of curiosity, where your car is parked overnight can you check the number of bars you have on the LTE and Wi-Fi signals?
Sometimes it’s Wi-Fi with four bars, but more usually it’s LTE only, with only two or three. In that case does the software not update? I’ve been successfully updated through 1.2.21 now, when away from Wi-Fi, but I had to request each update individually through customer service.

Back