Unsurprisingly, everyone is cutting production projections this year

I called my local BMW dealership out of frustration with the Lucid price increase and the price protection not applying to U.K. cars.

I asked what the delivery time was for an iX M60 and was told that they didn’t have a production start month yet and that BMW had advised they were focusing on reducing the iX 50 backlog and couldn’t confirm when when the iX M60 would arrive (originally scheduled for summer 2022). They said it would definitely be next year but couldn’t be more specific.

I’m also trying to like the EQE styling to lock in a price but I’m struggling.

I called my local BMW dealership out of frustration with the Lucid price increase and the price protection not applying to U.K. cars.

I asked what the delivery time was for an iX M60 and was told that they didn’t have a production start month yet and that BMW had advised they were focusing on reducing the iX 50 backlog and couldn’t confirm when when the iX M60 would arrive (originally scheduled for summer 2022). They said it would definitely be next year but couldn’t be more specific.

I’m also trying to like the EQE styling to lock in a price but I’m struggling.
I've driven the iX 50---it's spectacular in every way except front-end styling, which for me is a non-starter.

I've driven the iX 50---it's spectacular in every way except front-end styling, which for me is a non-starter.
I did a short drive in one as well and agree. I am doing a test drive on a Lucid on Wednesday and I will arrange a real test drive on the IX with my SA at my local dealership. At the moment it is coming down to these two cars. I really dislike the Bugs Bunny grilles but I would try to live with them if I got the car in a very dark color to at least dim the view of it. The range could be better but from what I have been able to ascertain, the BMW does a good job of being efficient on its use of batteries. What BMW has going for it is the years of software including electric cars (BEVs like the I3 and PHEVs) that works and a local dealership about three miles from my house that always has a loaner available for me if my car is in for service. I suspect that the Lucid will handle a lot better (car vs. SUV) and, of course, the range is significantly better. The HP is reasonably close between the Pure and the IX 50.

The other advantage of the BMW, to me, is that I have years of muscle memory driving BMWs making it easier to get in and drive (although I did have trouble opening the driver's door to get out...a push button instead of the traditional pull). While the Lucid service center is about 12 miles away, at least we have both a design studio and a service center here in Scottsdale.

I have looked at the Merc ESQ and I think it is too gaudy. I looked at the Audi vehicles but the IX seems to fit me better. The Audis may be more available but my current ride (BMW 530e) has the GEICO equivalent of an OEM warranty through the end of 2024 and it is very comfortable so I can easily wait until they can get to me on a waiting list.

Back