Unexpectedly bopped on the head by frunk

idiot900

Verified Owner
Reaction score
Cars
Air Touring '23
Referral Code
7EN7N1H8
Shortly after parking my car in my garage today, I needed to get a few small packages out of the frunk. App showed car as awake so I tapped the "frunk open" button. Frunk did not open within ~15 seconds so I tried again, to no success. So in the car, I tapped the dash frunk open button, which worked immediately. While I was getting things out of the frunk, the car apparently finally received the "frunk open" command from the app and closed the frunk, on my head.

Happily it noticed the obstruction and didn't crush me, but it was a pretty firm tap. Then the car, I presume, received the second app "frunk open" command and did it again. Pretty sure I didn't accidentally hit the button inside the frunk either time.

I normally have decent AT&T cell reception in my garage, along with Wi-Fi. I guess the app "frunk open" is really a "frunk toggle" - if true, well, not a great design. Would be worried about a small child being injured from this uncommanded event - I say uncommanded because my command was to open the frunk, not close it.

Shortly after parking my car in my garage today, I needed to get a few small packages out of the frunk. App showed car as awake so I tapped the "frunk open" button. Frunk did not open within ~15 seconds so I tried again, to no success. So in the car, I tapped the dash frunk open button, which worked immediately. While I was getting things out of the frunk, the car apparently finally received the "frunk open" command from the app and closed the frunk, on my head.

Happily it noticed the obstruction and didn't crush me, but it was a pretty firm tap. Then the car, I presume, received the second app "frunk open" command and did it again. Pretty sure I didn't accidentally hit the button inside the frunk either time.

I normally have decent AT&T cell reception in my garage, along with Wi-Fi. I guess the app "frunk open" is really a "frunk toggle" - if true, well, not a great design. Would be worried about a small child being injured from this uncommanded event - I say uncommanded because my command was to open the frunk, not close it.
Same button, you pressed it twice. Once to open, again to close. Admittedly, the delay is annoying and things should be faster, but it did do what you asked.

Same button, you pressed it twice. Once to open, again to close. Admittedly, the delay is annoying and things should be faster, but it did do what you asked.
Then it should have opened once and closed once. Instead, it closed twice.

Edit: Both times, the app indicated the frunk was closed, and that the action that would have happened was opening the frunk. It did not do what I asked.

Back