Unexpected Lucid charging fees

BrerBear

New Member

Joined
Jan 18, 2026
Messages
2
Reaction score
3
Cars
26 Gravity Grand Touring
Hi all... I just took my first (semi-emergency) road trip this last weekend which required me to make 6 charging stops in a 24 hour period. In each case, I used a Tesla supercharger, with the credit card I had on file in the Lucid app.

I was somewhat dismayed to find that in addition to the 6 expected credit card charges for the power (all from Lucid), each instance also included a separate $25 charger, resulting in $150 beyond the actual power charges accounted for in the usage.
I assumed these were temporary card holds, but 6 days later they're all still on my credit card. Has anyone else experienced this? Is Lucid just slow to revert the credit card holds? Or did they charge me $25 a pop for the privilege of using a Tesla supercharger?
 
Hi all... I just took my first (semi-emergency) road trip this last weekend which required me to make 6 charging stops in a 24 hour period. In each case, I used a Tesla supercharger, with the credit card I had on file in the Lucid app.

I was somewhat dismayed to find that in addition to the 6 expected credit card charges for the power (all from Lucid), each instance also included a separate $25 charger, resulting in $150 beyond the actual power charges accounted for in the usage.
I assumed these were temporary card holds, but 6 days later they're all still on my credit card. Has anyone else experienced this? Is Lucid just slow to revert the credit card holds? Or did they charge me $25 a pop for the privilege of using a Tesla supercharger?
They are temporary authorizations and should still be pending. How long it takes to call off depends on your card, but it should never convert to an actual charge.
 
OK, thanks for confirming. All six $25 charges converted to actual.
I’ll follow up with Chase and Lucid. 🙏
Got it; then that is 100% a mistake and should be reversed by Lucid
 
OK, thanks for confirming. All six $25 charges converted to actual.
I’ll follow up with Chase and Lucid. 🙏
If you look at the amount of the full charge you should see a second charge which is the full charge amount minus the $25. So if you final bill for the charging was $47.24 there should be a $25 charge and a $22.24 charge against your card. The $25 is a standard amount that seems to be placed against your credit card whenever a charging session is started and then things get trued up at the end of the charging session. This is all how it has worked for me when I've used the Tesla superchargers
 
Back
Top