Turo: Rent a Lucid

Also I am very surprised none of this completely voids the manufacture warranty. For how people drive and treat cars if I was Lucid I wouldn’t alllow Turo and a warranty.

I did rent Cody’s Turo Lucid but he is just a host not the actual owner of the car. He works many different cars and so he has a glorified business and probably can take a hit.

I researched Turo part couple months to learn more about them. A lot of horrible things happen to a Turo rental so it def should not be a car you are attached too. We are headed towards some type of economic downtown and if you see Cody Lucid it has taken a downfall in rentals since July. At least in AZ there isn’t a large body of people that drop 150-200$ a day in a car. But let’s say they do maybe they are making let’s say you got on avg 10 booked days a month. 2000$ a month. Thst won’t pay for your car or your insurance. These people have to be getting taken to the cleaners. You do get potentially get tax write offs.

Personally I think better play is to purchase cheaper 20-30k premium cars you could start a small fleet of 5 and charge like 50-100$ a day per car. That’s going to scale vs 1 crazy person that steal or wrecks your car.

To be clear that Lucid car was never taken off Turo and it’s still not clear damage was found on the car as when it was checked into Turo a host is to report all damage and that car you can ask the host had 0 damage reported. I like the Turo Facebook groups there you can see all types of horror stories. Especially if you rent your car to a person and it’s involved into fatal accident prepared for a large lawsuit for personal injury. Personally this isn’t worth the trouble I make much more on real estate and stocks and these businesses actually scale with a lot less headache and liability.

Air bnb kills Turo.
Thanx for your input 👊

I’m late to this thread, but am surprised that someone would rent a $150k car ($160k after PPF) for $150 per day. Seems like way more downside than upside. $500 per day, with a 5 day minimum would be my number. I would also require a deposit of a first born child and 3 Bitcoins.

I’m late to this thread, but am surprised that someone would rent a $150k car ($160k after PPF) for $150 per day. Seems like way more downside than upside. $500 per day, with a 5 day minimum would be my number. I would also require a deposit of a first born child and 3 Bitcoins.
What happens if you don't like your first born child :rolleyes:

Bitcoins are getting close to worthless and do you really want someone else's child? :D

Yeah I mean if you do the math a 150k car is roughly a $3000 a month mortgage. If you aren’t at least making 3000$ not accounting for car insurance you have to be losing your shirt. I don’t really understand the economics of this. And one person is eventually going to wreck the CEO’s out of the car or just steal it. It’s a sad way to treat a Lucid. At 120-130$ a day you open yourself to some lower income folks that will do worse to the car. You can’t be attached, no emotion, it’s a business.

Rent per hour or half day. I’d be down for that.

So Just some friendly feedback. When I try to book your very few free days mostly looks mid week 3 days get booked tues wed thurs I can’t book cause no pick up either Friday or Monday . So this calendar is a lot of errors. Is this by design? Could you open it up more ?

So Just some friendly feedback. When I try to book your very few free days mostly looks mid week 3 days get booked tues wed thurs I can’t book cause no pick up either Friday or Monday . So this calendar is a lot of errors. Is this by design? Could you open it up more ?
Only available Friday night to Sunday night. Hope the calendar reflects that though I wish it would say that on the calendar but I believe I said it in the narrative car description

Saturday’s Sunday works , but if you say pick up Friday Saturday Sunday it will say host not available Fridays for pick up. So sounds like you only want to rent in weekends.

Anddd there is smoking In the car another can or worms

Not available pick up fridays host:

Attachments

• 511BF030-C5FE-45B9-98F0-D871602CA1A4.png
    511BF030-C5FE-45B9-98F0-D871602CA1A4.png
    353.3 KB · Views: 79
Back