Troubles on L2 Chargers

asneed06

Member

Joined
May 5, 2025
Messages
80
Reaction score
154
Location
Sarasota, FL
Cars
2026 Lucid Gravity GT
Hi all. I have had three separate, well the same, but issues with three different brands of L2 chargers. All L2s- Clipper Creek, Integra, and Leviton. All 3 the Gravity would not start a charge. Used the correct J1772 adapter. Any suggestions or anyone else ran into this? No issues in L3 chargers and all ChargePoint L2s work.
 
Do you have scheduled charging turned on?
 
Does your vehicle see the availability of power on the screen?

L2 is really basic and my home charger throws AC at the car and the car blindly accepts it.
 
Do the charging stations show an error (red light or something?)
 
Do the charging stations show an error (red light or something?)
Most of them acted as though it was charging but then stopped but didn’t necessarily throw an error, whereas, the Gravity would throw the error that charging failed and to unplug and try again.
 
Does your vehicle see the availability of power on the screen?

L2 is really basic and my home charger throws AC at the car and the car blindly accepts it.
No it just shows the state of charge and “preparing to charge” then the error pops up of charging failed.
 
I also had this happen on some L2 charging stations on a recent road trip, but not other stations of the same type and age. Other EVs charged on them successfully. I've had no problems L2 charging at home.
 
I also had this happen on some L2 charging stations on a recent road trip, but not other stations of the same type and age. Other EVs charged on them successfully. I've had no problems L2 charging at home.
Interesting. Yeah I know the chargers work for sure as I saw others using so figured it was a me problem! I contacted customer care in hopes it’s an *easy* fix. We’re on a long road trip and not always in highly charger populated spots, so L2 charging working is pretty important for us.
 
No it just shows the state of charge and “preparing to charge” then the error pops up of charging failed.
When I bought my 2022 AGT in October 2022, I was able to charge at the DCFC stations, but it will not charge at my home with L2. A mobile tech came by my house and told me my L2 receptable needs to be upgraded to the Hubbell receptacles. I did that, but the problem persisted. To make a long story short, after multiple visits to the Lucid SC and exchanged chargers and cables, Lucid concluded it was a Wuderbox problem. It made sense, as (like yours) the car charges with DCFC, but not with AC home chargers.

So, Lucid took my car for 2 weeks, replaced the Wunderbox and the battery. Thereafter, everything worked.

I am NOT saying you have the same problem. But the symptoms are similar. But, it can also be a SW problem.
 
When I bought my 2022 AGT in October 2022, I was able to charge at the DCFC stations, but it will not charge at my home with L2. A mobile tech came by my house and told me my L2 receptable needs to be upgraded to the Hubbell receptacles. I did that, but the problem persisted. To make a long story short, after multiple visits to the Lucid SC and exchanged chargers and cables, Lucid concluded it was a Wuderbox problem. It made sense, as (like yours) the car charges with DCFC, but not with AC home chargers.

So, Lucid took my car for 2 weeks, replaced the Wunderbox and the battery. Thereafter, everything worked.

I am NOT saying you have the same problem. But the symptoms are similar. But, it can also be a SW problem.
This sounds very similar to issue my exception is I’m not using the home charger just been multiple different brands of public L2 chargers (in town and @ hotels) with none of them working unfortunately.
 
This sounds very similar to issue my exception is I’m not using the home charger just been multiple different brands of public L2 chargers (in town and @ hotels) with none of them working unfortunately.
I used the home charger AND a wall mounted charger. Both failed. Remember, the home charging is AC. DCFC charging is DC. The Wunderbox is the management device. Thus, if there is a fault i the AC path, you will experience problems with the home chargers, but DCFC still works. That was the problem with my AGT. Your GGT might be experiencing a similar problem.
 
This sounds very similar to issue my exception is I’m not using the home charger just been multiple different brands of public L2 chargers (in town and @ hotels) with none of them working unfortunately.
So I charge at home using the Lucid mobile charger plugged into a 50 amp 14-50 receptacle. We recently did a L2 charge at a hotel using a Tesla destination charger. It started at ~31 mph and ramped down to 17 after awhile. No idea if it was limited by the car or station. I’m guessing it was the car.
 
Just to provide everyone one with my experience on this. Lucid confirmed remote they believed it was a wunderbox issue. When I originally called on April 28 they said they were pretty slammed and nothing available until May 26 - Natick, MA service center. Once we talked more about the issue and how we are on the road trip and only in the Boston area for the next week and a half and leaving to head farther north afterwards they gave me a call about an hour ish later saying they are going to fit us in while we’re in town (May 6th) and expected to get complete a few service technical checks along with the repaid done by time we leave (May 13). Dropped it off the 6th they got us in an identical Gravity loaner, got a call today saying they are done with the repair and car should be ready to be picked up on Monday! I can’t understate how much I appreciate the Natick service team given our circumstance (and I apologize if anyone else’s repairs got pushed back in the process not sure if that had to happen or not) but the team has been awesome with the timeline and updates along the way.
 
That's really good to hear! Hope you have a great time on the rest of your trip.
 
Just to provide everyone one with my experience on this. Lucid confirmed remote they believed it was a wunderbox issue. When I originally called on April 28 they said they were pretty slammed and nothing available until May 26 - Natick, MA service center. Once we talked more about the issue and how we are on the road trip and only in the Boston area for the next week and a half and leaving to head farther north afterwards they gave me a call about an hour ish later saying they are going to fit us in while we’re in town (May 6th) and expected to get complete a few service technical checks along with the repaid done by time we leave (May 13). Dropped it off the 6th they got us in an identical Gravity loaner, got a call today saying they are done with the repair and car should be ready to be picked up on Monday! I can’t understate how much I appreciate the Natick service team given our circumstance (and I apologize if anyone else’s repairs got pushed back in the process not sure if that had to happen or not) but the team has been awesome with the timeline and updates along the way.
Wunderful!🤣
 
Back
Top