Trade payout timing

dmurphynj

New Member

Joined
Aug 15, 2026
Messages
14
Reaction score
7
Cars
Gravity, R1S, Model Y
Hi all - picked up my Gravity lease at end of August; so far, loving it.

We traded in our Model X as part of the deal, but haven’t seen the check for it yet. Decided to do the lease with $0 down, so the trade is just a sale. No payoff was needed - we owned the X outright.

For those of you who’ve traded in a vehicle - how long did it take until Lucid cut you a check?

Curious if this is normal or if I need to track someone down over there.

Thanks!
 
I'd ping the team that handles that, likely Kelly Blue Book or whatever trade-in company Lucid used in connection with the process. It'll likely be on your contract. Never hurts to ask. Especially when its been a few weeks.
 
Just curious, since we are thinking of trading in the same car - were you happy with the valuation? I’m wondering what end of the KBB spectrum they lean to.

That’s a great question. Lucid uses KBB for their tradein partner so yeah - it’s basically right there with KBB values.

My case was a little unique - the power steering rack failed on our X, so that was a $5k+ repair. KBB dinged me $3k on the tradein value for it, so I ended up ahead of the game relative to what the fix would’ve been …
 
I’d probably check with Lucid and see where things stand. Since you owned the Model X outright and there was no payoff involved, they should be able to tell you the status of the trade payment and whether anything is still pending on their end.
 
Hi all - picked up my Gravity lease at end of August; so far, loving it.

We traded in our Model X as part of the deal, but haven’t seen the check for it yet. Decided to do the lease with $0 down, so the trade is just a sale. No payoff was needed - we owned the X outright.

For those of you who’ve traded in a vehicle - how long did it take until Lucid cut you a check?

Curious if this is normal or if I need to track someone down over there.

Thanks!
Takes up to 30 days so it shouldn't be too far away
 
Hi all - picked up my Gravity lease at end of August; so far, loving it.

We traded in our Model X as part of the deal, but haven’t seen the check for it yet. Decided to do the lease with $0 down, so the trade is just a sale. No payoff was needed - we owned the X outright.

For those of you who’ve traded in a vehicle - how long did it take until Lucid cut you a check?

Curious if this is normal or if I need to track someone down over there.

Thanks!
I traded in my Lexus and got a good evaluation at KBB. They immediately deducted it from my monthly price, not sure what happened to your.s?
 
Back
Top