Towed last night with 4500 miles

wilkich

New Member

Joined
Jul 2, 2025
Messages
7
Reaction score
8
Cars
Air Pure
This happened last night which resulted in a tow to the Tyson DC service center. Shocking development at 4,500 miles. At least the roadside assistance was responsive and they put me up at a hotel. Service has been noncommittal as to the problem but this does not instill confidence in the car.


IMG_5611.webp
 
Very strange. Out of curiosity do you use regen braking?

Hopefully it's just a software glitch.
 
I do use the full regen. Even with this fault, the regen worked some but then the pedal would intervene and engage the brake pedal. Very odd indeed.
 
Is service noncommittal because they haven't gotten a chance to look at it yet?
 
I shouldn't even be reading these posts 😬 (Air owner with 1,700 miles on the odometer)
 
At least the roadside assistance was responsive and they put me up at a hotel.
That's really good service though, who do you have it through?

I'd bet anything something on the road hit a brake line, that's the only way you could suddenly lose hydraulics
 
I shouldn't even be reading these posts 😬 (Air owner with 1,700 miles on the odometer)
It dos stink but don’t lose confidence. I had my air for 65k miles and only one big problem that they fixed in a week and paid for a loaner (I got it myself because the problem happened on a friday night and I didn’t want to wait for anything to be sorted and they offered to pay for it).
 
Problem was diagnosed as improperly installed brake line from the factory. Some were misaligned and there’s a recall out there. Service department though was very responsive and owned it. No hesitation on loaner. Back to high confidence in the vehicle.
 
I shouldn't even be reading these posts 😬 (Air owner with 1,700 miles on the odometer)
People only post when they have a problem.

Here is a post from an owner since '22 who loves his GT and has had a joy-filled 3+ years. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

See how boring this post is?
 
People only post when they have a problem.

Here is a post from an owner since '22 who loves his GT and has had a joy-filled 3+ years. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

See how boring this post is?
Couldn't agree more. Air Pure AWD (Touring equivalent), 22k+ miles over 20 months or so. My list of issues during this time:
1. It occasionally rattles slightly when I go over bad bumps at freeway speeds.
2. Once in a while, I reset the car to clear the rare infotainment bug.

That's it. Unmatched combination of handling, ride, power, space, range, quietness, and charging capability. Best vehicle I've ever owned (25 years as an owner of BMWs and other vehicles).
 
Thanks for posting your experiences, it is helpful in rebuilding my trust in Lucid. I love the car and am happy to deal with some software bugs. I had a drive system failure that took 32 days to get repaired. 2023 Air GT at 12, 600 miles, I was told no loaner was available. I live beyond the Uber serviced areas, I had to call friends for a ride home while the car waited 16 hours for a tow.
 
This happened last night which resulted in a tow to the Tyson DC service center. Shocking development at 4,500 miles. At least the roadside assistance was responsive and they put me up at a hotel. Service has been noncommittal as to the problem but this does not instill confidence in the car.


View attachment 32514
Sorry for the trouble but it's a real luxurious gesture for the free hotel.
 
Back
Top