Tow hook license plate holder

Sula

Cars
AGT
Hello,

I got a call from my advisor saying that he might be able to allocate me a different color GT from my order so I jumped on it. I'm looking to install a tow hook license plate holder for the frint and am wondering if any owner can take a pic of the tow hook hole? I'm wondering if I can just install any generic tow hook license plate holder from Amazon.

Thanks

Hello,

I got a call from my advisor saying that he might be able to allocate me a different color GT from my order so I jumped on it. I'm looking to install a tow hook license plate holder for the frint and am wondering if any owner can take a pic of the tow hook hole? I'm wondering if I can just install any generic tow hook license plate holder from Amazon.

Thanks
I called one of these companies and they said that their model would not fit the Lucid but I am not sure why.

I'm gonna try the universal mount from DC sports on Amazon. Can someone measure the length of the tow hook? The mount only allows for max 7.5". Also anyone know if there are any sensors near the tow hook?

Screenshot_20220827-232435_Amazon Shopping.jpg

I was thinking about doing using a tow hook license plate mount, but after looking at the car I suspect mounting the license plate this way would partially block the bottom part of the front that channels air over the radiators (see the "Double-Dyson Radiator Ducts" section in this motortrend article). The recommended front plate location in the middle is probably the least disruptive to the car's airflow, even if it does require drilling holes 🤮. At least in CA you can get a front license plate wrap, which is what I'm planning on doing once the one I ordered shows up.

Got the mount on the way, will post pics if successful. Also need to hear from my DA first.

Hello,

Thanks
I don’t know about your state but Cali allows for a front license plate that a company makes as a sticker. Costs about 100 dollars. So, no tow hook or bracket needed!

Attachments

• 37A462B8-251B-4344-8CDD-08BE672BA894.jpeg
    37A462B8-251B-4344-8CDD-08BE672BA894.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 125
I don’t know about your state but Cali allows for a front license plate that a company makes as a sticker. Costs about 100 dollars. So, no tow hook or bracket needed!
Can't use in Texas.

Has anyone bought seat covers for their Touring ? Any reviews, either positive or negative?

Hello,

Thanks
Do you have an update, if you installed a hook and what kind exactly, etc.?

I had one of these on my Infiniti FX-37.

I tried to see if it would fit the Lucid, but the Lucid's tow hook diameter is smaller.

I'm been driving with my front plate in the frunk, hoping I don't get pulled over. I may put on the front mount, but not until the PPF is done.

On a related note, I have seen cars with plastic covers that are so dark that you can't read the plate. How can this be legal? Probably isn't.

I'm thinking about making my own vinyl plate. Not legal in VA< but then again, driving without the plate isn't legal, either.

Got the mount on the way, will post pics if successful. Also need to hear from my DA first.
@Sula did you end up installing the tow hook license plate holder? Did it work out? If so, do you have details on which one off amazon you got, thread size, bolt depth, etc.?

Back