Touring production Exciting news

I just got an invitation to confirm my Touring build (Nov 2020 reservation). I didn’t receive the original email in this thread but my SA reached out to me yesterday.
Does it say it's to confirm? Or is it a request to finalize your design. Because I just got an email saying that I should finalize my design

I just got an invitation to confirm my Touring build (Nov 2020 reservation). I didn’t receive the original email in this thread but my SA reached out to me yesterday.
That's Awesome.. Should be couple of months for me to get to Feb 2022...
Hopefully more quicker as there seems to be the less demand of Touring's

Confirmed 10/26/2022

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-10-26 at 10.59.52 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-10-26 at 10.59.52 AM.png
    692.9 KB · Views: 167
Just got the call to confirm my touring (Nov 2020 reservation). They did update the website in order to make it possible

Same as vraj, just finalized design and received confirmation email. (Aug 2020 reservation for reference)

Loos like @PatrickZWang also has the 20" wheels - are they available yet?
I think those are summer tires only. I am going for 19" because of the range and longevity.
If they have AS tires in 20" then I will happily take it if negligible range difference.

This is awesome. I didn’t expect them to start this quickly. I will get the tracker updated as soon as I get back to my laptop.

My SA said they're sending out batches of 1000 per week, based on reservation date. It's finally happening!

I think those are summer tires only. I am going for 19" because of the range and longevity.
If they have AS tires in 20" then I will happily take it if negligible range difference.
I'm going for 19" for AS as I'm NJ like you and winter is coming. Also every time I hit a pot hole in my car now - I think well there goes another tire on the Lucid if I got 20 or 21's.

Confirmed my Touring Dec 2020 reservation today 10/26/22
Configuration I chose will make my delivery towards the end of the run:
AWD
Quantum Grey
Mojave
Metal Roof
Dream Drive
Surreal Sound
19" wheels - I live in New England - need the all-seasoned tires

Hi @borski, Regarding sales & service locations now and in the future, why has the user friendly list of locations on the Lucid site disappeared and become replaced with a very user hostile map? Some future sites are on the map such as Corte Madera CA, but not others such as Rocklin CA. The projected dates for these sites is helpful when planning for sales taxes.

Last edited:
I have spoken to Jennifer at the Millbrae studio about upgrading my order to a Touring. Now that it is an order as opposed to a reservation there appears to be no way to do it. I am eager to do this to get into the right queue asap. Jennifer is researching.

I got the email. Did you check your junk/spam folders?

Does anyone know, based on the lead time for AGTs, if there is any chance anyone gets a Touring delivered this year based on this new email? I'm asking because I was NOT going to get DreamDrive Pro originally, but I'm worried the IRS will decide that the transition $7500 tax credit will only apply to people who take delivery before 2023. If this is the case, and adding the DD Pro will get me delivered before 2023, it would mean I'm essentially getting DD Pro for $1500 (based on the legacy $9000 cost of DD Pro). Thoughts?
I believe that tax credit still applies to EVs assembled in the US.

I got a text from my SA yesterday to set up a call to go over my config. I'm guessing they're doing this because "Confirmed" orders can't edit their build anymore. I'll let you know what she says this afternoon, but this forum usually knows the same or a little more than the SA's. And I haven't received that email yet.
You will be provided the opportunity to edit you build when Lucid Motors gives you the chance to confirm your final order.

I am trying to decide whether to finalize my order. My current build is Zenith Red, Santa Cruz, DDPro, Surreal Sound, 20” Aero Lite wheels, glass canopy. The advisor says,
"That design fits the criteria perfectly. So, if you finalized your order, we’ll work to have your car delivered by end of year." But I would only want the Touring if I can get it done before the end of the year, and thus get the tax credit. If I was not going to get the tax credit, I'll just wait until next year and get the Pure that I also have on order. I just don't trust that they'll deliver the car before the end of the year, and once I confirm the payment, I guess I have no recourse if they don't get the car to me in order to get the tax rebate.

I am trying to decide whether to finalize my order. My current build is Zenith Red, Santa Cruz, DDPro, Surreal Sound, 20” Aero Lite wheels, glass canopy. The advisor says,
"That design fits the criteria perfectly. So, if you finalized your order, we’ll work to have your car delivered by end of year." But I would only want the Touring if I can get it done before the end of the year, and thus get the tax credit. If I was not going to get the tax credit, I'll just wait until next year and get the Pure that I also have on order. I just don't trust that they'll deliver the car before the end of the year, and once I confirm the payment, I guess I have no recourse if they don't get the car to me in order to get the tax rebate.
Good question

Back