Touring model configuration

Ovfitbob

Cars
2016 Honda accord EXL
It’s been a while since I logged into the lucid motors website. The last time I did I was experimenting with the configurator for the touring model. At that time it wouldn’t show the cost of the options, it only showed the base price.
I logged back in today to see if it was was updated, but it wasn’t.
My hunch is that they won’t include the option prices until they get close to production but it’s still frustrating not to know what the total cost of the car will be.

It is unfortunate that the website & configuration 'tool' has made so little progress.
I think it’s going to push away a lot of potential customers.
But I’m waiting for Doug DeMuro‘s review of the Dream edition

It is unfortunate that the website & configuration 'tool' has made so little progress.

I just mentioned this in another thread. Opens with a splash page and loads way to slow. It's not even graphic intensive. I've seen dental practices with better pages.

Looking forward to Doug DeMuro review. To me, that's all she wrote! I wish there's a way to measure who will have greater impact Doug or Motor Trend

I just mentioned this in another thread. Opens with a splash page and loads way to slow. It's not even graphic intensive. I've seen dental practices with better pages.

Looking forward to Doug DeMuro review. To me, that's all she wrote! I wish there's a way to measure who will have greater impact Doug or Motor Trend
Hopefully the same programmers aren't behind the programming of the Lucid itself. ;)

I’m looking forward to Doug’s review as well.
His reviews are honest and straightforward.
Hopefully it will be a review of the driving performance too. Sometimes his reviews are just walk arounds

I’m looking forward to Doug’s review as well.
His reviews are honest and straightforward.
Hopefully it will be a review of the driving performance too. Sometimes his reviews are just walk arounds

Picture looked like it was at an owners home, so you'd think there is no embargo.

Edit: Maybe not, looks like a commercial site.

I just received a reply from a Lucid rep regarding the lack of option prices showing on the summary page.
He said:
Y
“ I would assume the pricing for options would come out once Touring reservation holders being receiving invites to order their car. So most likely not until next year.

This is why we make the deposit completely refundable for any reason at all.

You benefit by having you name down for a Lucid Air now with no risk.

The reservation list continues to grow so looking for a car in the next 6-8 months without a reservation just makes it harder to fit that timeline”

With prices from suppliers escalating so fast right now, Lucid may be reluctant to lock in pricing for options months ahead of production. Tesla customers are being hit with price increases almost weekly, with Musk claiming they're being driven by rapid increases in materials and parts.

Having already locked in the cars' base prices for reservation holders, any supplier cost increases will have to be borne entirely by the charge for options, and Lucid probably needs to keep their wiggle room open as long as they can.

I would assume the Grand Touring and Dream editions have much higher margins so they could be a bit loose with the prices. When it comes to the Pure and Touring specs, they might need to wait until the production lines hit some minimum level efficiency to determine where to set the margins for options. I would guess the options will be used to add additional margin as necessary to make sure they are profitable.

I did a configuration on the grand touring model as well and the same issue. No option prices were shown

I did a configuration on the grand touring model as well and the same issue. No option prices were shown
The Grand Touring is fully loaded so there won’t be any options to price.. That is, unless, Lucid “pulls a Tesla“ and nickels and dimes you for various paint options or wheels. Since there isn’t a standard color, that doesn’t seem to be the case.

That is, unless, Lucid “pulls a Tesla“ and nickels and dimes you for various paint options or wheels. Since there isn’t a standard color, that doesn’t seem to be the case.

Just about all OEMs charge different prices for different wheel/tire packages.

Most OEMs have various prices for colors. Tesla is rare in that they used to have only 1 no upcharge color.

Now for 3/Y they have two no upcharge colors and 3 upcharge colors. Most OEMs will have ~5 no upcharge colors and ~7 upcharge colors.

Multi-coat pearl white is no upcharge but solid black(non-metallic) is $1500 upcharge. Weird.

It would be great to know the Touring option prices because it would inform whether to upgrade to a Grand Touring! Lucid is missing an opportunity by not releasing that information now. I only prefer the Touring because of the added back seat foot room from the smaller battery pack, but if the fully loaded Touring is within 15k of the Grand Touring my passengers could live with that.

It would be great to know the Touring option prices because it would inform whether to upgrade to a Grand Touring! Lucid is missing an opportunity by not releasing that information now. I only prefer the Touring because of the added back seat foot room from the smaller battery pack, but if the fully loaded Touring is within 15k of the Grand Touring my passengers could live with that.
That's part of the reason I ended up upgrading from the Touring to the GT. I wanted the glass canopy and dream drive pro (for the safety benefits, not the self driving) and figured those would add a hefty amount to the price tag, making the final cost of the T much closer to the GT. Plus I was sick of waiting for the car and knew I'd get the GT quite a bit sooner...

It depends on that options you are wanting. if you want the Glass canopy md Dream Drive Pro, I imagine it will be prices much closer to the AGT. They will have the pricing as they get closer to confirming the AT orders. If at that time you see That your configured AT will be within $15k of the AGT, you would be able to upgrade. I would expect a lot of people chose to do that just to ge5 the extra range for not much more.

Deleted text . . . can't delete the message.

If you want both the Grand Touring features and the deeper rear footwells, some months ago my sales rep told me that the Grand Touring would eventually be offered with the smaller battery pack as an option. She didn't know how far into production that would happen, though. Your sales rep might have more current information if you check with him/her.

If you want both the Grand Touring features and the deeper rear footwells, some months ago my sales rep told me that the Grand Touring would eventually be offered with the smaller battery pack as an option. She didn't know how far into production that would happen, though. Your sales rep might have more current information if you check with him/her.
I will check on that. Lucid’s Torrance, CA location is opening soon and I will se what I can find out.

Back