Touring GVWR (Gross Volume Weight Ratio)

AZair

Cars
Tesla model S
Does anyone know what the official GVWR is in the Touring? I believe the GT is around 6300 lbs and I have heard different numbers for the Touring. Less battery will definitely make it lighter. If the Touring is still above 6000 lbs GVWR then it would also qualify for the section 179 tax deduction, if you use it for small business, which is a massive deduction. I believe you can write off up to 100% but I think it has to be a purchase not a lease to take full advantage. Still trying to decide on leasing or purchasing my upcoming Touring delivery. Any input would be much appreciated.

Does anyone know what the official GVWR is in the Touring? I believe the GT is around 6300 lbs and I have heard different numbers for the Touring. Less battery will definitely make it lighter. If the Touring is still above 6000 lbs GVWR then it would also qualify for the section 179 tax deduction, if you use it for small business, which is a massive deduction. I believe you can write off up to 100% but I think it has to be a purchase not a lease to take full advantage. Still trying to decide on leasing or purchasing my upcoming Touring delivery. Any input would be much appreciated.
I'm interested in this question, and will need to discuss with an accountant early Never thought about it until you mentioned it, but I recently took delivery of a GT and have only made a few business related trips... So this qualification would be useful. I assumed previously that there was no way this car had a gvwr of 6000+, but it does 🤷🏽

Back