Touring all aluminum roof?

The Hack

Verified Owner
Cars
Touring
Looks like the configurator now states the standard roof (currently not available) on the Touring is all Brushed aluminum. Did anyone else catch this or am I misinterpreting something?

Google 1957 Cadillac Eldorado Brougham for a similar look but this was brushed stainless steel.

Where do you see that, I see on https://www.lucidmotors.com/air/configure

Screen Shot 2022-08-01 at 2.02.00 PM.png

Yeah, I'm just seeing aluminum roof. Nothing about the color. On the Pure configurator, where you can actually see the roof on the final car, it matches the car's color. I've always assumed the same for Touring.

Yes it now states “full -cover aluminum roof”.

It also shows that on Pure, but then shows in the picture the roof is the color of the exterior paint choice.

Not that I don't like the idea. I think a brushed aluminum full roof might look cool. And it would distinguish a Touring with a metal roof from a Pure, at least.

But that would no doubt upset some folks planning on a metal Touring who wanted the same color as the rest of their car. They'd have to make it an option. Which, at this stage, is probably not a great idea for Lucid. Too many variables already.

Roofs are prime targets for lightening to increase efficiency and performance. Aluminum, being lighter than steel and glass, will therefore be a good material for the roof (carbon fiber would be even better but too pricey).

Yeah, I'm just seeing aluminum roof. Nothing about the color. On the Pure configurator, where you can actually see the roof on the final car, it matches the car's color. I've always assumed the same for Touring.
Aluminum is not the color of the roof. It is what the roof is made of.

Back