toll tags/rfid on the Gravity

So, I found where my rfid tag did work on 91 return leg. I agree people should register their license plate on their fasttrack account.
 
So, I found where my rfid tag did work on 91 return leg. I agree people should register their license plate on their fasttrack account.

I did just that yesterday, even if the plates are just the temporary paper plates. The app allows you to edit the license plate number later.
 
I did just that yesterday, even if the plates are just the temporary paper plates. The app allows you to edit the license plate number later.
Many of my international flights are out of LA, so I often rent a car, one way, to get to/from the airport from AZ. I will register the rental plate with FastTrack. Overrides the rental car company toll system and I get cheaper toll charges. Then unregistered the plate after I arrive.
 
Here is the designated rectangular area for the toll tags as viewed from inside the Gravity. You can see the checkered area if you zoom in.
1771976337142.webp
 
Was having trouble finding the transponder area in my Gravity GT for my TollTag sticker (North TX - Dallas Metro). Originally didn't think it was there. Moved the car outside when it was relatively dark, got a step stool and a flashlight and BOOM! There it was.

Hope this helps. Thanks to all of the other posters who led me here. I've affixed the small TollTag transponder with some blue tape in the area (not pictured). Will come back and post if successful or not. 🤞

without flashlight:
IMG_5141.webp


with flashlight:
IMG_5142.webp


general placement area bordered:
IMG_5146.webp


Closer up (zoom in, you can see the grid):
IMG_5144.webp


Grid from the inside:

IMG_5147 2.webp
 
Was having trouble finding the transponder area in my Gravity GT for my TollTag sticker (North TX - Dallas Metro). Originally didn't think it was there. Moved the car outside when it was relatively dark, got a step stool and a flashlight and BOOM! There it was.

Hope this helps. Thanks to all of the other posters who led me here. I've affixed the small TollTag transponder with some blue tape in the area (not pictured). Will come back and post if successful or not. 🤞

without flashlight:
View attachment 36978

with flashlight:
View attachment 36977

general placement area bordered:
View attachment 36980

Closer up (zoom in, you can see the grid):
View attachment 36981

Grid from the inside:

View attachment 36976
Been working so far, about 90-95% of the time. NTTA.org under My Account-->Transaction history-->click on the blue Transaction ID to get the details. Transponder activated charges will show as "Prepaid AVI" whereas license plate/video activated charges will show as "VToll1a". I've noticed that the VToll1a seems to show up more often under the same toll gate, in my case Coit Main Lane Gantry on the GB Turnpike.

Also, FWIW, the quickest way to find the transponder spot on the windshield is to grab a flashlight, get in the car at night in the dark, and shine the flash light up on the windshield just to the right of the rear view mirror. BOOM, it'll be there.

Hope this all helps.
 
Also, FWIW, the quickest way to find the transponder spot on the windshield is to grab a flashlight, get in the car at night in the dark, and shine the flash light up on the windshield just to the right of the rear view mirror. BOOM, it'll be there.
Wow, BOOM is right! But it's even quicker during the day to turn off the lights in the garage :)
 
Back
Top