Tire balance?

Yeah, I would bring the steering linkage to their attention. Your vibration on the turn kind of implies a loose steering linkage, with the cause being any number of possibilities, although loose linkage on a new car would be unusual.
While Lucid is still trying to figure out the vibration, I just read that Kia EV6 owners are having a very similar problem and it’s due to the sound deadening foam inside the tire getting dislodged when hitting a pothole. On my first day of ownership I took the car slowly and cautiously on a very very bad road to see how it handled it, and that was prior to going at highway speeds, so I wonder if I knocked the foam loose in one of the tires and it’s been screwed up since then.

While Lucid is still trying to figure out the vibration, I just read that Kia EV6 owners are having a very similar problem and it’s due to the sound deadening foam inside the tire getting dislodged when hitting a pothole. On my first day of ownership I took the car slowly and cautiously on a very very bad road to see how it handled it, and that was prior to going at highway speeds, so I wonder if I knocked the foam loose in one of the tires and it’s been screwed up since then.
First, if true, that's a very good catch. Then I'm wondering about these tires...must be under warranty, but still. Assume you've suggested this possibility, and curious what they find.

First, if true, that's a very good catch. Then I'm wondering about these tires...must be under warranty, but still. Assume you've suggested this possibility, and curious what they find.
Yeah I just texted the service rep so we’ll see what they think.

Curious if you got your issue resolved - whatever it is, I may be suffering from the same.
Yesterday they said the engineers suggested rotating the tires and remount/balance/torque. You can’t rotate front R to front L because they must be forward facing (I think the pZero have arrows pointing in the right direction), but you can do front R to rear R, so they’ve done that but I have not heard what the result is. What’s your vibration issue? Mine isn’t too bad but VERY noticeable if you lightly let your head touch the headrest, feels like the massaging seats are on, it’s almost like the porpoising you’ll see in the new F1 cars, it’s more of an up/down oscillation than side to side vibration.

They’re estimating I get my car back tomorrow evening but because they’re also still investigating the water leak, which they seem pretty freaked out about, it might take longer, they said there’s one more test to run on that but didn’t specify what it was. I’m being patient with them to a limited extent because it’s important they figure out any potential problems that might show up for others, so they can identify them early in PDI or prevent them at the factory. I do think when these tires are done though I won’t get Pirelli again, the number of tire complaints with this car so far is crazy, and I absolutely loved the Michelins I had on my old car so hopefully can get a high load version for the Air. What’s particularly reassuring though is my service rep Markus didn’t want to suggest user error to the service team (possible my seatbelt got caught in the door leading to water leak, but I’m a little skeptical it was that?), because they want to make sure those seals are perfect, so I’m letting them tinker just to be sure.

Just got a follow up call from Lucid to make sure everything was OK with the car and that there were no new issues, now that I’ve had it back for almost a week. The vibration issue is much better since they did the road force balance, it’s only noticeable on certain road types which makes me blame the tires themselves rather than the car or anything service could adjust.

I must say I’m beyond impressed with their service people. It’s pretty cool they made a point to call me to make sure it was ok rather than waiting for me to tell them if there was an issue. I did mention to Markus this Bluetooth issue where it won’t stream half the time (I thought I fixed it but it worked for one day, then won’t stream again). He said Lucid is aware of that and is working on a software update to resolve the problem.

Back