Three Months and 2500 Miles

As an Electrical Engineer who spent 35+ Years designing and installing industrial electrical systems this wiring harness issue seems odd. From what I understand the fix is to tie wrap the harness behind the dash to avoid fraying the wires.. What physically moves behind the dash to “fray” the wires protective jacket? I am guessing that the production step to install the harness damages the wiring somehow and won’t be solved until the harness is replaced. It appears that a small percentage of cars are experiencing these issues which points even more to an assembly issue that can vary car by car.
Do we even KNOW IF there is a protective harness. Should these not have been wrapped in a protective Rubber Jacket of some kind?

I only have my Lucid for 1 week. I posted previously about the lack of scheduling for delayed charging and errors and problems (Lucid fell asleep waiting for TOU charging and won't wake up) when I used my exteranl L2 charger (/schedulerJuice Box). Seems like many have encountered the same problem. Hope Lucid gets it fixed soon.
More new issues: the Cruise Control button fell off. Can't actovate DreamDrive/Cruis Control. Lucid service center said they have to replace THE ENTIIRE steering wheel (baecuse they don't stock the cruise control buttn alone! Amazing!! Not sure when they will get to that. My driver's side window malfunctioned...stuck mid-way, won't close. Had to reboot the car for the window to go back up. Afarid to lower it again.

Lucid's Customer Care people are polite and try to be helpful. However, some of them don't appear to be very experienced (in particular with EV issues such as the charging scheduler...and why it is an important problem). Seems like Lucid needs a lot more training on their staff. They hired several thousand more employees over the past 6 months but I don't think they have fully trained and integrated them.

There is no online dashboard the customer can see the issues he/she posted and their action plans and tareget resolution dates. The customer has to call and ask what's happening. I suggested this to the CC guy. He said they (Luicd) is "developing" such tools. Well, task-tracking dashboards have been areound for decaded. Lucid should just get a vendor to get this done vs "developing" it. Lucid's development/SW resources are better utilized on solving the bugs/problems.

Back