- Joined
- Nov 18, 2022
- Messages
- 1,601
- Reaction score
- 1,330
- Cars
- Lucid Air Grand Touring
I moved to the Phoenix area in 1992. Around the mid 1990's I saw EVs (GM-EV1) cursing the streets in my area. GM has a testing ground in AZ and some of these cars were consigned to testers living in my area. I became interested in EVs.
As many forum readers are aware, the Phoenix areas was/is a major testing ground for self-driving cars for the past 15 years. Waymo is big in the Phoenix area. I take a Waymo when I need to go to the airport. They are great! More recently, Waymo is also in the Bay Area where I have my second home. I also take Waymo in the Bay Area as well.
So, when I read the new release that Lucid Gravity will be Uber's self-driving car choice, I thought it would be a great opportunity for Lucid, so long as it doesn't distract Lucid from its core business. That remains to be seen.
As many of you know, the Jaguar iPace was Waymo's primary platform. So, I Googled how many iPace Waymo operates. Google says Waymo currently has 1,200 iPace. Waymo might be adding more, but the iPace is actually out of production. As successful as Waymo-iPace is in the markets I am familiar with (Phoenix/Bay Area), the 1,200 number was astoundingly small! Waymo's pioneering effort didn't seem to help the iPace/Jaguar stay in the EV business!
Now, Uber's choice is the Gravity. They are talking in excess of 25,000 units (total, over several years).
Q: As Lucid enthusiasm in this forum, what do you think of the Uber-Gravity deal? With all the existing challenges in front of Lucid, can Lucid execute or is it too much of a distraction?
As many forum readers are aware, the Phoenix areas was/is a major testing ground for self-driving cars for the past 15 years. Waymo is big in the Phoenix area. I take a Waymo when I need to go to the airport. They are great! More recently, Waymo is also in the Bay Area where I have my second home. I also take Waymo in the Bay Area as well.
So, when I read the new release that Lucid Gravity will be Uber's self-driving car choice, I thought it would be a great opportunity for Lucid, so long as it doesn't distract Lucid from its core business. That remains to be seen.
As many of you know, the Jaguar iPace was Waymo's primary platform. So, I Googled how many iPace Waymo operates. Google says Waymo currently has 1,200 iPace. Waymo might be adding more, but the iPace is actually out of production. As successful as Waymo-iPace is in the markets I am familiar with (Phoenix/Bay Area), the 1,200 number was astoundingly small! Waymo's pioneering effort didn't seem to help the iPace/Jaguar stay in the EV business!
Now, Uber's choice is the Gravity. They are talking in excess of 25,000 units (total, over several years).
Q: As Lucid enthusiasm in this forum, what do you think of the Uber-Gravity deal? With all the existing challenges in front of Lucid, can Lucid execute or is it too much of a distraction?